Chapter 22

A couple of months had passed since the fight between Kellin and Jessie. They still barely talked. Touring was done with so they all went on and started doing their own things. Kellin ended up with being with Delilah again. Jessie had pretty much fallen of the face of the earth to everybody else. He wouldn’t respond to calls or text messages, unless they were important. Nobody knew he was living with Annaleigh and the girls. He had made the choice to call her and see if she needed any help. Feeling embarrassed, she told him about her financial problems. Jessie felt really bad for her, so he flew down the next day, thinking he would only stay for a day or two. Turns out, Annaleigh needed more help than she had led on. Jessie eventually started playing babysitter during the day, once Annaleigh finally got a job. It was tough for him at first, but as soon as he got the hang of it; he loved it. Ari, Alex, and Teagan were actually better than he thought they would be. Annaleigh had done a good job as a single mother, but Jessie was glad he could be a father figure for them; at least for now.

Annaleigh was actually shocked when Jessie had called her. She had practically ruined the friendship between him and Kellin. She was actually really glad he had called though. She really did need the help. It was also great to have a friend here with her. She had made a couple of girlfriends, but they didn’t really hang out since she was the only one with kids. Plus the girls loved Jessie. The twins couldn’t exactly speak yet, but they always got super excited when they saw him. Teagan was the one who loved him the most though. “Hey Jess, I’m going to work. The girls are already down for their naps.” said Annaleigh from the kitchen. “Okay, what do you want for dinner? I was going to bring them down to the beach today, so I was thinking I could up pick some stuff up on the way back.” asked Jessie. “Whatever you want, I eat anything remember?” laughed Annaleigh. “I know, I know. That was a pretty stupid question to ask. I’ll see you when you get home.” replied Jessie.

 “Have you heard from Jessie?” asked Delilah. “Nope, we don’t exactly speak, remember?” replied Kellin. “It’s so sad that you guys aren’t friends anymore. That dumb bit- ‘ Annaleigh isn’t a dumb bitch, it was my own damn fault. Can we just drop it?” angrily replied Kellin. “Sure, sure. I was just saying, if it wasn’t for her, you guys would still be close.” Replied Delilah. “Probably, but were not.” said Kellin.

Jessie was getting the girls up, when he heard a knock on the front door. He quickly ran down the stairs and answered the door. “Kellin?”