Chapter 8

Annaleigh started moving boxes into her new apartment. It was the third floor in a little apartment complex. Teagan was taking her nap, so Annaleigh was trying to use her time wisely. She wanted to have almost everything moved in by the end of the week. Since hearing about Kellin and Delilah’s divorce, Annaleigh couldn’t stop thinking about him. It had gotten so bad that she started listening to his music again. She had even thought about texted or emailing him; but voted against it. Then a thought popped into her head. She would go to one of his concerts; she’d try to get up on stage. That’s what they did at concerts when they were younger. Annaleigh looked up concert tickets up on online. This was a perfect way to get distracted from unpacking thought Annaleigh. She found some cheap ones, and decided to just go with those. She printed them out and stuck them in her jacket. The concert was scheduled for tonight. Shit, she was under such short notice; stupid spring of courage. Well, there was this nice woman that lived next door that might watch Teagan. Annaleigh went and checked on Teagan to make sure she was still sleeping. She was, so Annaleigh ran next door to ask the woman if she would watch Teagan. The old woman said that she would; just give her emergency numbers and some toys. Annaleigh thanked her, and went and packed up Teagan’s bag. Then she gently woke Teagan up and told her that she was going to play with Mrs. Angela. Teagan whined a little bit, but went with Annaleigh. Annaleigh told Teagan that she would be back before eleven o’clock tonight and to be good for Mrs. Angela. With that, Annaleigh kissed Teagan goodbye. Annaleigh was close enough to the venue that she was able to walk there. Her hair was red now, but she still looked the same, Kellin would have to recognize her if she bum rushed his stage. She handed the guy her ticket when she got there. She walked in and there was a huge crowd already in the building. Shit, this was going to be harder than she thought, thought Annaleigh. She tried to get up as close as she could, which landed her near the middle to the far left. If she could get close enough to the edge she could quickly run, and then try and fake out security; get on the stage for a few seconds, then let security take her off, and out of the building. Perfect plan; but it would have to be during the right song. So that he could see her, but not focus directly on her. Annaleigh moved in between what seemed like thousands of people. She finally got to the side that she needed to be on. That’s when Kellin came out on stage. She breathed in a sharp breath. He still looked like the same old Kellin, but different somehow. Maybe it was because he was the one on the stage and she was out in the crowd. He started talking to the crowd. He started singing; If You Can’t Hang, which led to A Trophy Father Trophy Son. The next song that came on was Do It Now, Remember It Later. Annaleigh knew it was time to run up, she started shoving through people. When people noticed what she was trying to do, they yelled even louder than before. Security had noticed her coming, but she dodged right and made it up on stage. She started doing a shimmy dance of happiness because she didn’t get caught. She turned around looked at Kellin up close; wiggled her fingers at him, and let security take her away. They kicked her out, and she walked home. She had to make sure that Teagan was okay. Teagan didn’t always do so well around new people. Annaleigh paid Mrs. Angela fifty dollars, since she just sprung it on her. She had done everything she wanted to do tonight.  Having everybody cheering for about getting on the stage made her feel amazing. No wonder Kellin liked being on stage. It made you feel special; important.

Kellin had seen someone red headed running when he looked out into the crowd. They were moving pretty quick; despite the size of the crowd. They even got past George that security guard. He had turned around because he wasn’t all that worried about the person. Kellin kept singing, then the person that was on stage stopped bouncing up and down. He then realized it was a girl, she wiggled her fingers in a way he recognized; the girl was Annaleigh. She did what they had always done together at concerts; bum rushed the stage. It made Kellins heart ache; he missed her. He wanted to be back in her life, but he didn’t know if she wanted him in it. That’s what hurt him the most.