Chapter 46: Reunited

Start from the beginning

"It was hers," Mani said, gesturing to a girl who had appeared by the door. She was short and had long, straight black hair, and brown eyes. Beside her was a tall boy with long messy black hair, and very dark blue eyes, so dark, they almost seem black. The girl was wearing a white dress, with a blue sash in the middle, and the boy was wearing a black shirt with jeans.

Jack glared at the girl. "And who are you?!" he asked angrily.

"Just call me D," she answered.

"What kind of plan is this?! For me to die?! And for my Snowflake to suffer?" he asked, yelling again.

"Whoa! Chill, chill," D said, hiding behind the boy. She was only 13 after all.

"Not funny," Jack deadpanned at the pun made.

"Actually, it was," the boy snickered.

"Whatever. How could you?!" he went back to yelling at D.

After he had blacked out, he had woken up here, and saw Mani, who explained to him that it was just 'part of the plan'. A plan that involved him dying. He then watched how Elsa defeated Evil Uncle, and wept for him. The stupid plan made his Snowflake suffer.

"Okay, to be honest, it's not one of my best plans, but according to my calculations, and a few estimations by Roge over here, I'd say you were never going to win the battle against Shadowsoul," D said.

Jack gaped at her. "So you think me dying would help us win?!" he yelled.

"Actually, yes. Love is both Elsa's strength and weakness. So, therefore, you are both her strength and weakness. When you are alive, you are vulnerable, as Shadowsoul would aim for you, which makes Elsa vulnerable as well. But when you died, sacrificing yourself for Elsa, she stood a chance. You loved her so much, that you were willing to die for her, you gave her strength. That was how she defeated Shadowsoul," D explained.

Jack looked down in realisation. If he hadn't died, Elsa might be dead as well, along with everybody else. He sighed. "So I'm stuck here forever? I'll never see her again?" he asked.

"No," D answered. Jack looked up at her. "The book's not closed yet."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, there might be a chance for you to return back to Earth, and be with Elsa once again," D said.

"I'll take it," Jack said immediately. "What do I have to do?"

"You? Nothing," D said. Jack looked at her confused. "Elsa, on the other hand, will have a lot of things to do."

"What do you mean?" Jack asked again.

"I have a few things, and clues for her to find a way to get you back down there. If she figures it out, you'll be able to see her again," D answered.

"And if she doesn't?" Jack asked carefully. D stayed silent at that. It was Roge who answered.

"You'll never see her again," he answered bluntly.

"How long will it take for her to figure it out?" Jack asked, trying not to think of not ever seeing her again.

"I don't know, a year? A hundred years? Who knows?" Roge answered, shrugging.

"What?!" Jack exclaimed. "But how long do you think she'll take?"

"Well, according to how smart she is, and how much she loves you, I'm guessing at least until next Christmas," D said.

"Really? Cause from my calculations, I got two hundred and forty-seven years," Roge said.

"What?!"