Chapter 18: The Moon Library

Elsa’s POV

  I gasped. I was in a gigantic room, a two times bigger than North’s globe room. It had gold walls and had shelves of silver. Each shelf had about 50 books each. The floor was made of marble and I there were diamonds decorating the gold walls.

  The ceiling was about 12 stories up and it was made of glass, allowing sunlight to fill the room, bouncing off all the diamonds. The whole room was practically sparkling. The library was in the mountain!

  There were 4 landings sticking about from the walls at different levels. They had chairs and a table for reading. There were also a few tall ladders climbing up the side of the walls. They were movable, must be for climbing to search for books.

  There were steps carved into the floor, so that the floor went down, like a theatre. In the centre of the room was a stand decorated with diamonds, sapphires and moonstones. On the stand was a big, thick book, and by thick, I mean thick! It must be about 60cm by 45cm by 12cm.

  I heard Snow and Snowstorm from outside and moved aside. They passed through the wall and appeared next to me. Like me, Snow gasped.

  I left Snow to admire the library and walked down the steps, to the middle of the room where the stand was. The book was in the colour white, with swirls of blue spirals surrounding the side. In the middle of the cover was a picture of the full moon. Surrounding it, were sparkling stars.

  The book seems to have a lock, ‘cause when I tried to open it, it wouldn’t budge. Suddenly, the blue key to the Ultimate Treasure, which I have and hung it on my bracelet, started glowing. Then the moon pendent and the crown pendent did the same. The moon on the cover glowed too.

  The stars surrounding the moon started moving. Then, they suddenly floated off the book cover! I gasped as it started clustering together, forming a figure of the top half of a person, above the book.

  Soon, I could see the person clearly. It was a man with white hair. He was dressed in formal clothes, much like the ones men dress in Arrendelle 300 years ago. He was also wearing a one side spectacle.

  He bowed to me and said, “Pleasure to meet you, Princess, my name is Barnalbee. I am the caretaker of this library.”

  I bowed back. “Wonderful to meet you, Barnalbee. If you don’t mind me asking, how did you know I’m a princess?” I asked politely. Even though, I hadn’t practice being the princess for years, I still got it.

  “Well, that’s because only you could open this book, more or less find this library,” he said gesturing to the library.

  “Um, I’m sorry, but I’m confused,” I said, feeling very puzzled. How can I be the only one to open the book and find the library?

  “It’s alright. Your father built this library. He had said that you were the only one who could find the library. He had this place built when you were born, it is your,” he said, bowing again. I stared at him in disbelief.