Chapter 9:The Ultimate Treasure and a dare

Chapter 9: The Ultimate Treasure and a dare

  All of us continued to do our chores. We were almost done, when Elsa came bursting in, followed by Snow. She was carrying a big book and sounds like she was having a very serious conversation with Snow. Neither Snow nor Elsa notice that we were in the room.

  “No, Snow. That temple could be anywhere. If he finds it first, the Guardians will be in serious trouble. All he would need to do is to steal the two other keys and he’ll be invincible,” Elsa said. She sounds very worried. Who is this ‘he’? Is it Pitch? How will the Guardians be in trouble?

  “No, he still needs to find the Ultimate temple,” Snow argued. What is the Ultimate temple?

  “I’m quite sure he knows where it is and-” Elsa stopped short. She must have realised that we were listening. “We’ll talk later,” she told Snow. Then she walked to the table and sat down there. She plopped the book on it. She opened it and she and Snow started poring over it.

  I flew over and looked over her shoulder. There were pictures of temples and treasures. The book was very old and the old lettering was hardly readable.

  “May I help you?” Elsa asked me.

  “Yeah, what are you doing?” I asked, even though I already know.

  “Reading,” she answered nonchalantly.

  “Why are you looking at temples?”

  “I’m planning for my next heist.”

  “What was it that you were talking about?”

  “Aren’t you a curious spirit?” Elsa asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

  “I’m curious about all things. Like where did you get that sword again?” I asked. I have been wondering about that sword for ages. That sword was so sharp!

  “At a Chinese temple. I asked the Chinese there what kind of treasures they had, and they showed me a picture of that sword. They said they would give it to me if I could get past the booby-traps and defeat a Chinese master. And well, I pass the tests.”

  “Awesome!” was all I could say.

  “Do you want it?”

  “Nah, I’m good,” I lied. It would be awesome to have it, but after what she did to get it, I don’t think I could take it.

  “Sure you are,” she said sarcastically. She looked relieved that I didn’t pursue the question about what she was talking about. I think it’s best if I don’t say anything more about it. But Merida didn’t think so.

  “Okay, enough chit-chat. Who is this ‘he’, Elsa?” Merida said impatiently. I could hear the distaste when she said Elsa’s name.