23:08

Later that day, you returned with something that sounded like it had wheels.

"What's that?" I asked.

"A wheelchair."

"For?"

"It's snowing! C'mon, I'll bring you to the garden."

You clothed me in a padded jacket and sat me down carefully. It was my first time leaving the bed since that day. A blanket was placed on my lap and a scarf was wrapped around my neck. "How cold is it?"

"Extremely. We'll have to make it quick, alright? Can't let them know I brought a patient out when it's freezing." You laughed while helping me with my gloves.

"Sure." I managed a smile. My mum loved the snow. If only she was here.

When the doors opened, a strong gust of cold wind hit me right in the face. I shivered, clutching the blanket and pulling it close to me. You wheeled me for a minute or two before you stopped and said, "Give me your hand."

"Huh?"

"Trust me," you said, pulling the glove off my right hand. "Feel this."

After seconds of silence, I asked, "What am I supposed to be feeling?"

"The snow! Do you feel it?"

"Not really. It's too cold." My hand was almost numb at that point.

You chuckled, placing something on my palm. "How about now?"

I squealed and threw it as far as I could. Whatever it was, I didn't like it. It was soft and watery.

"Snow!" You burst out laughing, while I reached for the ground and wrapped my hand around snow that had collected on the pavement. Soft and watery. "Uh-uh, you're not doing that." Your voice got more and more distant.

I threw it in your direction.