19 || French Castles & Royalty

Chapter Nineteen ||  French Castles and Royalty

A/N: PLEASE READ A/N AT THE END

P E R R I E

I opened my eyes to find myself lying on dry green grass with the life vest over my head. The first person I saw was Zayn hunched over me, worry written all over his face. The minute he saw me, his eyes began to soften and calm a tiny bit.

"Oh My God Perrie, you scared the living shit out of me" He shuddered, gently helping me shuffle into a seated position.

"What happened?" I asked, pushing a few stray strands of hair from out of my face. I literally don't remember anything.

"Well, you were hanging off the edge of the hot air balloon, but we managed to hoist you back up and when we did you fainted"

"Oh" I replied flatly. I knew that goddamn balloon thing wasn't safe, but no one listens to me, do they?

I glanced over to the pilot who was muttering a few things in french but then my attention shifted to our surroundings.

"Where are we?"

Zayn replaced his concerned frown with a gigantic smile, "We emergency-landed on a island. You have to see this! It feels like I'm dreaming!"

"I know I am" I mumbled under my breath making sure he wouldn't hear as I began to stand up.

Our pilot, who looked seriously stressed, stood in between us and firmly crossed his arms above his chest, "Une équipe de secours va arriver dans une heure"

"What?" I asked. He must have been so stressed he forgot he had to speak english.

"He said something about a rescue team, I think" Zayn said, sounding a bit uncertain.

"Rescue team will be here in an hour" sighed the pilot, "Do not go too far"

"Okay" Zayn nodded, "We'll meet you here in about forty-five minutes"

The pilot frowned, "Where are you going?"

"We're going to fight pirates!" Zayn grinned, oblivious to the current situtation we were in, "Bye!"

The pilot rolled his eyes as I quickly gave him an apologetic smile. Zayn took hold of my hand, dragging me out of the deserted beach shore.

"Where are we going? We can't go too far!" I shrieked at him.

"We're not gonna go far honey" He assured, holding tightly onto my hand like he was afraid I would run away.

I rolled my eyes, still following him, "This reminds me of the first day you took me out on an adventure"

Zayn furrowed his eyebrows, smirking, "I don't clearly remember. When?"

"Oh nothing big, just when you made me JUMP OFF A FREAKING CLIFF" I shook my head, trying to shake the memory out of my head.

"Oh yeah" Zayn let out a low chuckle, "You loved it so much"

"God I hated you so much that day!" I grinned, my boots crunching along in the gravel below us.

"I seriously wasn't expecting you to jump you know? But you did!"

"Wait, so your saying I could've backed out?"

"Mhm" He nodded, giving me a playful grin, "There was a way back down, but I didn't tell you. I wanted to see your reaction, which was actually surprising"

"You sneaky bastard" I tried to wake his arm, but missed.

Zayn tossed his head back and laughed hysterically, "Hey, don't tell me you regret it? Because when you jumped, I was like...man, she's the one"