Chapter 24

~Niall’s POV~

Of course Louis would choose now to start being mature. Flipping bastard.

“Niall, maybe you should talk to Cherry before you do anything irrational,” I mocked him as I paced my kitchen. I knew he was right, maybe she wasn’t cheating on me… but why else would someone threaten my life if she wasn’t with them? I mean she did freak out when she thought I was cheating, so maybe that caused her to cheat with Ryan, but that doesn’t explain the shooter…

I let out a loud frustrated grunt and slammed my fists on the counter.

“Whoa there buddy, what’s got you so angry?” A familiar voice came from behind me. I whipped around; terrified that it was my shooter but then sighed in relief when I saw Liam.

“Oh, it’s just you,” I smiled weakly.

“Were you expecting someone else?” Liam chuckled.

“I was afraid you were my shooter…” I looked to the ground, avoiding the deep, sympathetic stare from Liam’s big brown eyes.

“Oh jeez, sorry mate. I’ll knock next time.”

“Thanks, so what’s up?” I asked.

“I just came to see how you were doing… plus my toilets got a leak and I don’t want to be there while the plumbers are fixing it,” he shrugged and opened my cabinet in search of my secret stash of Oreo’s. Well, only Liam knew about the Oreo’s because he could control his eating habits. “Anyway, what’s with all of your grunting and fist pounding?”

“I think Cherry is cheating on me,” I said blatantly, causing Liam to freeze and turn around to face me.

“What makes you think that?”

“Well, first the other day she went home with that security guard, Ryan and he stayed at her house for a while and I walked in on them sitting on the couch. Then yesterday I came home and my house was a wreck and there was a life threatening note stuck to the fridge with a chopping knife and not to mention the person who tried to shoot me. It all just adds up.”

“Well what did the note say because that’s not really adding up for me?” I turned and pulled it out of my junk drawer and handed it to him. He read it.

“Holy shit… okay that does kind of add up, but I wouldn’t jump directly to Cherry cheating. It sounds more to me like someone wants her and is willing to do anything to get her. Have you talked to her? Has anything strange happened lately?” The concern on Liam’s face was overwhelming.

“Well, Saturday night I went to her house and she just started crying when she saw me and she couldn’t talk again. But it was weird because she tried to talk but nothing came out and she looked just as surprised about it as I was…”

“See, that’s concerning. Maybe something happened that she’s not telling you about?” Liam asked.

“Why wouldn’t she tell me if something happened though?” I pondered. Liam held the note up to me.

“Maybe she can’t.”

“Oh my God, you’re right.” I whispered as it sunk in. “What should I do?” Liam thought for a few moments.

“Well, maybe confront her about Ryan, and then if she denies it ask if anything else is wrong. It’s her choice whether she tells you or not but if she denies that too, just let her know you’re there for her and let her tell you what she wants you to do. Maybe you could write her a letter or a song or something too. Girls like that and that’s what I would do for Dani.”