Prologue

It was total chaos aboard the MERCURI. The ship had left Mercury with one mission on its hands. Harvest ice from Pluto. It was the first of the four ships to leave on this mission, and the start wasn't that their people could have hoped for. They were not even half way through their journey when a wretched asteroid hit, making the ship unstable to continue the mission.

"Hold it tight, hold it tight", the captain shouted.

Fury was getting restless on the deck with every passing second. This was his first mission as a captain of the ship but luck had always shunned him. It wasn't only his life at stake though. The lives of four others depended on his decision. They could return back and face the embarrassment of failing, or they could continue hoping the ship would sustain.

Fury's decision was cut short when they heard a loud BOOM...

"We've lost our left engine sir", the pilot informed.

Any chance of their going back; or continuing the journey was lost. They had to land somewhere. Fury scanned his charts for the nearest location to land. Earth.

"What about the species' there sir, are they friendly?" the pilot asked.

Fury knew this wasn't their best choice, but then...

"This is our only choice", he said dejected, "Begin the landing."

With the orders given, pilot charted a course for a place with least number of species. It was a place surrounded on all sides by what the Earthling's called water.

"Get to your positions crew. We are beginning our descent", the pilot informed.

MERCURI slowly began to move towards its destination. Fury felt a commanding jerk when the ship entered the Earth's gravitational field. Their ship was designed to withstand the forces of planet Pluto. This force they were facing here was many times larger. It was making it tough to control the ship.

It wasn't long before the pilot lost the control of the ship and it spiraled down to meet the land. Their speed kept on increasing till Fury felt it as a free fall. This high speed also heated up the ship. It was nothing compared to their planet, but still, Fury felt a little warm. He could see the land approaching fast. And with the control not in the pilot's hand anymore...

"Brace yourselves crew, we're going to hit the ground hard."

Hit the ground hard turned out to be a very small notion. Every joint of the ship jerked up when it touched the ground with an ear deafening BANG.

With the ship damaged, their communicator broken, and no other way to inform their people; the five MERCINI's were trapped on this distant land which the Earthling's called INDIA

***

Will they be able to get back?