Part Twenty Nine

*Flash forward - unknown period of time later*

I sat on her bed, the familiar black and white floral bedsheets stripped, only an empty mattress left. I ran my hand across the fluffy white mattress, repressing the tears.

I lied back against the bed, clutching the letter in my chest. I want her to come back. I need her to come back. Without her, the dorm feels empty. Cold. Lonely.

I couldn't just call her up. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't. The story of us was running in my head, like a book just waiting to be read.

An idea hits me, and I grab my laptop before opening up Microsoft Word on it. I type in a title, and start writing our story. The story of how I fell in love.

*Present day*

"So can you tell me anything about where you are?" I ask Riley and she laughs, her voice in a whisper.

"Hello is a good way to start a phone call." She tells me and I roll my eyes. It's one in the morning here in Paris, but I'm in the middle of the town, just outside my hotel.

"Hello. So can you tell me anything about where you are?" I ask and Riley sighs.

"I can see the Eiffel Tower from where I'm standing," I turn around and spot a tall, golden bronzish tower a few hundred feet behind me. "Um, I'm on the top floor of a building, and there's only a few in sight that are bigger than the one I'm in." She tells me, and I look around the city.

In the distance, I can make out a large building, much larger than most of the buildings around it. The building was an odd shade of blue, an electric blue like the color of Christie's hair from her punk phase.

"What color is the building?" I ask Riley and she pauses for a moment.

"Bright blue. Why?" Riley asks and I smile.

"Because I'll see you soon." I hang up the phone and take off running towards the blue building. It was a few miles away, but I didn't care. Riley was there and she needed my help. Riley was there and I could see her again.

I arrived at the door to the building, panting and sweating. "I need to get in," I tell the guard, who stares back at me blankly. "I need to get in." I repeat, and they widen their eyes.

"Je ne vous compreds pas," The man replies, standing tall. "parlez-vous français?"

"Elle est ici pour rendre visite à un ami. Mlle Laura Thorn." I turn my head and find Monkey and Christie standing behind me. The door opens, and I smile at them.

"Thanks you guys." I grin, quickly hugging the couple.

"No problem Michelle. Go get your girl!" Monkey smirks, pushing me inside the building.

A shitty part on my part xD sorry for that. 

And I'm bad at posting. I'm working a lot this summer and stuff like that. But I'm going on vacation, from Friday until the 6th, so I might post a lot, and I might post minimal. But we'll see!

Also, check out the votes and reads on this story! I'm so happy. Thanks you guys!

Comment what you think, and vote and stuff too!

I'll never understand how I can be eloquent in my writing and then in conversations it's a bunch of "So I was like 'huh?' And uh, then uh, she was like um," You get it. Ask my friends. They'll tell you. Yeah.

Enjoy!

-S