Part Seven

I love babysitting this family. The kids are so sweet, and fun and well behaved, the pay is great, and at the end of basically every job I have here, is a two or three hour period of time during which the kids are asleep, and I can do whatever I want, which is why you'll love when I babysit here too. Since summer is nearing, I won't be doing homework. I'll be writing. YAY! 

-----DAMN THIS TAKES TOO FREAKING LONG. THE STORY STARTS HERE

"Stop hogging the whole blanket, you're supposed to share," Riley says, lifting up the blanket and sitting down, our arms nearly touching. We were close, but we could be closer. "Jesus fucking christ, who made it winter in here? I feel like I'm going to die of hypothermia." Riley complains and I roll my eyes.

"You shouldn't have ran in the rain..." I tell her and she groans.

"I already told you. It wasn't raining when I started!" Riley tells me for the billionth time.

"If you're so cold, then scoot closer. I'll keep you warm with my body heat." I tell her, partway between joking and serious. Riley scoots closer and closer until I can feel her breathe.

"I'd like to inform you that I bite." She says monotone and I smirk.

"Is that a threat or a promise?" I ask and she pauses before speaking.

"Just shut up and watch the movie." She mumbles and I laugh.

"Ha! You were the one who started talking!" I remind her and she shrugs.

"I don't know broah, I don't believe you. It's your word against mine, and my words are published. Point Riley." She says and I chuckle. It's quite adorable, really.

Riley and I don't talk after that, and silently watch three movies while cuddling in what Riley insists is a way to stay warm, while I wish it was so much more. Shawshank Redemption comes to a close and I smile.

"What a great movie." Riley says and I nod my head.

"Agreed," I check the clock, reading 12:32 A.M. "I'm not ready to sleep yet though." I admit.

"What do you want to do then?" She asks. Honestly, the better question would be what could I say that wouldn't merit a slap.

"I want to hear the story about your parents." I tell her and she widens her eyes.

"You can't handle that." She whispers and I chuckle. 

"Trust me, I could." I reply and she shakes her head. 

"No you couldn't." 

"Yes I could." 

"No you couldn't." 

"Why couldn't I?" 

"Because you would never be able to look at me the same," She half shouts, before changing her voice to a whisper. "I don't want someone else who only sees me as that story." My heart breaks for her, without even hearing the story.

"I'll tell you what..." I say, carefully choosing my words. "I'll tell you a story that I've never told anyone else, and after hearing it, you can decide if it merits hearing your story." I suggest and Riley swallows.

"If you did that... I think I could manage to tell you. But you'd have to comfort me, and I might need to be comforted for a long time." Riley tells me and I smile.

"That's fine. I can handle that. You ready to hear the story?" I ask and she nods her head. "Do you remember that huge bank robbery that went town like, six years ago? The one where $640,000 was stolen?" I ask and Riley, once again nods her head. "This school, it's pretty expensive. And there was some money troubles at home. Which is why I robbed that bank." I admit and Riley's eyes go wide.

"To this day, no one knows where that money came from, or who robbed that bank... Except you. I got away with the biggest bank robbery in years, at ten years old. No one would check a ten year olds backpack." I stop and Riley exhales deeply.

"Are you ready?" Riley asks and I nod. "Okay then... Here we go." She says, before she began to tell me the saddest story that anyone had ever heard.