Part Seventeen

Ellie stares at us dumbfounded. "Riley, please tell me you're kidding. I mean, look at her. She's hot, but she's no me. Huge demotion, babe." Ellie tells her, voice sweet, but her words cold.

In a way though, Ellie was right. Despite being just shy of eighteen, Ellie is a world famous actress and model, having won three Oscars before her seventeenth birthday, and two more this year. I was a lesbian player who robbed a bank to attend boarding school.

"I don't agree with a word out of your mouth, Ellie. Michelle is perfect to me. I find her much more attractive than you, much smarter, more daring and fun, and most importantly, nice. Michelle would never hurt me, unlike some people we know." Riley smiles, and cuddles up against me as she speaks.

"So, Michelle, how much do you make a year?" She asks, crossing her arms.

"Michelle is in high school. She doesn't need to be making any money." Riley reminds Ellie and she rolls her eyes.

"But she will someday," Ellie says, caressing Riley's hair shortly before Riley pulls away. "I just want you to live a good life."

"I like what I do. I love being an athlete, and I love writing. I'm open to working, in fact, I want to work. Do you know what else I want?" Riley says rhetorically. "I want you to leave me alone."

"Miss Shorn, Mr. Ryder will see you now." The receptionist says and I turn to Riley.

"Good luck sweetie, you'll be great!" I smile, giving Riley a hug.

"Thanks babe, you're the best!" Riley walks off, and as soon as the doors close, Ellie's politely rude facial expression turns into a sour stare.

"Riley is too good for you," Ellie says and I roll my eyes. "She needs someone who will take care of her, make her feel wanted. Make her feel loved."

"You can't do that. I promise you, Riley is a million times happier with me than she was with you. If you really cared about her, you wouldn't walk back into her life and expect that she's yours again!" I yell and Ellie pouts.

"I'm not giving up on her!"

"Well, tough luck, because I'm not giving her up." I reply and Ellie chuckles.

"Treasure the time you have with her, Michelle. Because I promise you, it's going to end quickly." Ellie's eyes stare at me with such hatred I can feel pain, and I smile.

"Not on my watch, bitch. Not on my watch." Ellie storms away into the elevator, a wave of relief washing over me the moment she leaves the room. Riley joins me only a few minutes later, her face frozen in shock.

"Riley; you okay?" I ask and she smiles.

"I just sold the movie rights for thirty million dollars."

Oh wow, that's a lot!!! Okay guys, I haven't been getting as many reads, votes and comments, so here is what will happen - I will continue writing at my usual pace, but I will only post when you guys give me enough votes and comments.

For the next part of this story, I need at least eight votes and three comments (mine don't count!) However we get this is fine, but we gotta get there guys!!!

Song for this chapter is Jealous by Jasmine V