Part Sixteen

My eyelids flitter open to the obnoxious beeping of the alarm. I reach over to turn it off, and find the spot next to me on the bed is empty.

I look around the room before finding the door to the balcony ajar. I crawl out of bed and shuffle over to the door. I open it and step onto the balcony, her eyes not leaving the skyline.

"Hey." I mumble, and Riley doesn't turn to reply.

"Morning Michelle." She says softly, and I walk over to join her.

"What's wrong?" I ask, looking at her morning profile, her curly hair mussed up in a sexy way. Her brown eyes were partially closed, still half asleep, but fully aware.

"I'm just thinking about my life. What happened. How I returned here, despite vowing not to. There's just too many memories," Riley tells me, and points to a building in the far off distance. "See that one? That's where I started Political Politics, but it's also where I met Ellie," Riley says in a tone, implying a bad history with Ellie. Her eyes dart to a building on the opposite side of town. "That one is Catherine's house. She was my best friend for years, but the day I came out to her, she hit me, walked away and never spoke to me again. And that house..." She whispers, staring at a mansion in the neighborhood. "That was our castle."

"Yours and Nikki's?" I ask quietly and Riley nods, resting her head on my shoulder.

"But it was also our hell," Riley says and I gently rub her shoulder. "Nikki died there. She died at home." Riley mumbles and I hug her.

"I'm sorry." I whisper and she sighs.

"It's fine. It was years ago. I'm over it by now," Riley lies. "Get dressed, we need to leave in an hour.

--------An hour later-------

"So remind me why we are walking?" I ask, putting my hands into the pockets of my skinny jeans.

"Because it's like, half a mile away, and driving half a mile is a waste of time." Riley tells me and I laugh. For a few minutes, there is meaningless chit-chat, neither one of us wanting to discuss something serious where anyone could hear.

Riley pushes open the double doors to a large office building before speaking to the man at the counter.

"Riley Shorn! Welcome! Just go up the elevator to the sixth floor, they will be waiting for you!" He tells her and she smiles.

"Okay, thank you. Have a great day!" Riley and I walk down the hall and step into the elevator, Riley using her index finger to press the button labeled six, making it light up. "This is it..." She mumbles, and two steps out of the elevator she grabs my hand, her fingers intertwining with mine. "Oh shit, just play along Michelle." She instructs, and a familiar face comes and greets us.

"Riley! Oh my goodness, it's been too long!" Ellie Gordan smiles, as she runs over to Riley in her heels. "I've missed you!"

Riley doesn't reply to her statement, but instead smiles back. "It has been a while. Ellie, I'd like you to meet Michelle, my girlfriend. And Michelle, this is Ellie. My ex."

Oooh shit's about to go down!!!! Haha! If anyone wants to see a picture of Ellie, just kik me and I'll show you! Also, I'm sorry I didn't post, preparing for finals have kept me busy. I will post more today though!!!

The song for this part is Karma by the Saturdays.

Like, comment, share it, and most of all, enjoy!

-S