Chapter 7: Lifted Weight

Start from the beginning

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" I yelled.

He sucked his teeth. "Man, I don't know what you talking about."

"I'm talking about Erika and your baby!"

"That baby ain't mine! Everybody and the world know that yo sister a hoe. I'm just the last person she can remember sleepin wit so she tryna pin that baby on me."

I looked at him like he was crazy.

"You know how she knows that the baby is yours?" He looked the other way "Because you were her first."

He snapped his head towards with his eyes wide.

"Man. That can't be right."

I crossed my arms and nodded my head. He jumped out from the bed and started pacing back and forth.  

"Damn! I knew I shoulda wrapped it up with that hoe!"

"My sister is not a hoe!" I said interrupting his thoughts. 

"Do you know the shit we've been through! Do you know why we are always so distant from everybody!?"  

He just stared at me.  

"Because the closest people to you hurt you the the most! You give them all your trust and you know what the with it!?"  

My eyes started watering  

"They shit on it!"

He tried walking towards me but I backed away.

"Look Alexia. I'm sorry I hurt you but I tried to make things better."  

I sighed.

"It's not just you."

I walked over to his bed and sat down.

"When me and my sister were little we would always go to our cousins' house to play and just spend time together."

I don't know why I'm telling HIM this, but I feel like I need a release.

"One day everyone was outside to playing and stuff but I ended up fallin' and scraping my knee. I went inside to ask my uncle for a band-aid. I followed him to the bathroom while he was looking for the first-aid kit in the cabinet. He got it and he said that he would put it on for me. He sat me on the sink and put the band-aid on. Then he kissed my knee.  

At first I thought he was just kissing a boo boo or some shit but he ended up doing more than just kissing my knee. Matter of fact, he was all up on everything, but my scarred area." I chuckled a bit. "I asked him what he was doing and he said he was making me feel better. Me being young Alexia, believed him. I trusted him. From there he just..... ."

Tears poured from my eye.

"I didn't know what to do. I didn't do anything. I just sat there and let him do that to me. I felt like it was wrong but I didn't know." I sobbed.

He came sat next me and put his arm around my shoulder.

"You can't be upset 'bout somethin' that you didn't know about at the time, ma. He a bitch ass nigga for that shit. One day he gon get his. Karma is a bitch."

I nodded my head and wiped my tears.

"Did you tell anyone?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"The only other person that knows is Erika, and that's ony because he did it to her too."

"Why you tell me then?" He questioned.

"Because. I need you to understand why we are the way we are."

I looked at him. He looked like he was about to cry him self.

"Boy,don't turn into a little bitch on me." I said chuckling.

We both started laughing. When the laughter ended, we were stuck in each others eyes. We were both reaching in for a kiss.  

Out of nowhere a image of DJ flashed in my mind. I quickly turned my head and his lips brushed pass my cheek.

"My bad." he said.

I gave him a little smile and got up.  

"Wait." he said. " I know you don't want to be in a relationship but can we still be friends."

I nodded my head.

"Only if you have a talk with Erika." 

He nodded his head and I left. I went downstairs and the girl was sitting on the couch eating some chips. She looked at me and gave me a sideways smile. I rolled my eyes and walked back to Shay's car.

"How did it go?" she asked

"Let's just say that shit is changin'."  

She squinted her eyes at me then just shrugged. As we pulled away from his house I smiled to myself. A weight has been lifted off of me.