Part 17: Vamps with Benefits

Part 17 (after Kayla’s call)

I pulled Cici close to me. “Is this OK?” I asked. She nodded staring me in the eye. Her hand snaked up to my hair and she pulled me down our kiss first soft and gentle. I was on top of her now, the kiss turned from soft to hungry and needy. She reached down to the edge of my shirt and pulled it over my head.

    “Cici, stop.” I said pushing her away a little. A hurt expression crossed her face.

    “I knew you didn’t want me…” she said quietly.

    “No its not that at all. I heard a noise. I think its my phone.” I pushed her off of me and sat up looking for my phone. Cici sighed. “Who flippin’ cares. Its probably just a telemarketer or something.”  But what if its Kayla I haven’t heard anything from her for days now, I thought to myself. I was so worried, so scared. I found my phone on the side table in the living room. It was Jon. “What do you want, Jon?” he whispered, angrily. I heard him take a breath and spoke, “Danny? Its me.” I was in absolute shock.

    “Kayla.? Oh my.. Kayla where are you? Why are you calling me on Jon’s cell.” I spoke in a normal voice.

    “Questions later. We need to talk right now. Its urgent.” She whispered. Her voice sounded like she was crying. “You’re at his palace, right? I’ll be there in a few.”

“Cici!” I shouted from the living room. She walked in looking at me. She had changed her clothes into a small pink robe. “I have to go. I have to go rescue Kayla.” She pulled the robe tight to her and walked into the bed room again. About a minute later she was fully dress with her hair up. “I’m ready to go.” she said determination in her voice.

    “Your not coming. I can’t let you get hurt baby.” I told her, giving her a hug.

    “Danny. You my love have no choice.” she whispered in my ear. Pushing me away she walked out the door, asking if I was going to come. I rolled my eyes and ran after her. The walk to Jon’s house is long so I held Cici and ran. So much more efficient. We stopped at the edge of the wood and I set Cici there. Signaling for her to stay there and not to move I walked out towards the front gate of the mansion were of course Jon was waiting. “Ahh, Cousin you have arrived. Its good to see you again.” Jon said smiling.

    “Cut the shit Jon. Where’s Kayla?” I replied harshly.

    “Rude I invite you into my home and you treat me like that.”

    “Jon…Please.”

    “Well since your begging,” he said with a smirk and walked through the gate. The mansion/castle was still as amazing as the last time I saw it. Clean and polished huge windows covered the front of it. Sadly, it use to be my favorite place to go. When we were close. He had inherited it when his parents died and lived here ever since. He led me up the elegant stair cases till we were on the fourth floor. Then he lead me to the room I use to stay in when I stayed over at the house. “She’s in there,” he pointed towards the door.

I rushed in and shut the door behind me. “Kayla,” I said, “Kayla, are you in here.?”  I heard the shower turn on from one of the doors. Oh she’s in the shower. I sat on the bed and waited. About 20 minutes later the shower shut off and Kayla walked out of the bathroom. “Kayla!” I shouted and gave her a hug. She pushed me away. Still looking down. “You don’t care about me.” she whispered.

    “What do you mean I don’t care about you? Kayla I was worried sick!” I told her.

    “Your lying.” She whispered.

    “What..? Why would you say that…?

    “Because you were busy with Cici.” She spatted, staring me dead in the eyes. I looked away. She was hurt and I could read it all over her. The way she stood, her face, her fisted were tight balls. Her silver eyes were blue with tears.

    “I was worried about you Kayla…” I whispered looking down.

    “LIAR! You don’t care about me! You didn’t even come after me when I ran! You let me do this!” She screamed pulling up her sleeves. I looked down and saw the fresh crisscross cuts. I whispered her name. She was crying.

    “And you were to busy fucking Cici to care!” she screamed, “Just leave! Leave me alone! I don’t want to see you ever again!” she shoved me and threw herself on my old bed. “Kayla please…you don’t mean that.” She didn’t respond. “I- I know I should of ran after you. But I was scared. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know if you wanted me too. I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you like this. But me and Cici have a chemistry together I was with her when Mekay-….You don’t care…I’ll leave. Good-bye Kayla, but its not forever. I’ll talk to you later.” Hopefully. I added in my head. I walked head down to the entrance and out the gate. Jon wasn’t there so I just let myself out. I found Cici where I told her to wait and picked her up. She tried telling me something but I was running before she could get the words out of her mouth. I ran all the way home and inside. I set Cici on her bed and leaned over her a kissed her. She tried to push away a little but gave in and kissed me back. I wrapped  both my arms around her and pulled her up taking off her shirt. “Are you OK with this.?” I asked breathlessly. She nodded and yanked off my pants. I trailed my kisses down here neck. And it took off from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You are an amazing actress my lovely Kenzie,” Jon said, sitting on the bed.

“Thank you,” I said wiping away the fake tears and transforming myself back to myself.

“ And your oh so beautiful.” he said. I rolled my eyes. And looked into the mirror. How could I be beautiful if I just broke up an amazing friendship and destroyed to peoples hearts…?