Part 4: Vamps with Benefits

Kayla's POV

My eyes went wide.

"Wha..? Did you say that you l-loved me..." I asked in disbelief.

He was looking straight at me and nodded. Wow, this is to much for me to handle. I didn't know what to say or do. I was laying in the same bed as a vampire that loved me...this is crazy. Totally and completely crazy. My hand went to my pocket looking for my cell phone. I needed to talk to someone, but unfortunately I had forgotten my phone at my house. I must have forgot in my mad rush to get over here. Great. This is just ggrreeaatt. OK, just calm down, deep breaths. I let out a a breath that I had just realized I'd been holding.

"Are you OK..?" he asked knowingly.

"Your the vampire. You can read my mind!" I retorted

"Calm down, please. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that, but I...." He trailed off sounding kinda sad.

Why isn't he telling me? What was wrong? I thought remembering are conversation I few hours ago.

"Danny, why did you sound like you were almost crying over the phone?" I asked worriedly.

"A couple of reasons" he said honestly. "I needed to tell you about the vampire thing. Keeping secrets from my best friend was killing me. Also...he finished sounding like he was going to cry.

I moved closer to him to comfort him even though it didn't help much. He rested his head on mine and I felt his tears start. I wrapped my arm around his neck and looked up.

"We don't have to talk about it. Just tell me when your ready. I will always be here for you...always..." I said.

He pulled me closer to him, his hand on my back and his head resting on mine again. For the first time it felt...i don't know...right?

" Thank you..." he said softly.

"Your welcome..." I replied.

It was quiet for a while. Danny was still holding me close to him. Wow this feels so right, but it shouldn't. You don't know that. Well, I should I've been friends wit him since we were 4. Yea and? You know you love him. LOVE HIM!? No of course not...i can't...can I? You the only one who knows. But your me. Your point? Never mind. Good, Night now. Night? It was still quiet. I guess he fell asleep. I thought. My eyelids slid shut and I feel asleep.

*Dream*

"Danny stop!" I screamed.

He said nothing, but came after me. I tried to turn around and run, but my feet were frozen to the spot they were. I started to panic he was only a couple feet away from me. The worst part was his eyes were blood red like they were earlier. I struggled to get free, but my feet were frozen to the ground. He was now only about a foot.

"NO! HELP ME!" I screamed.

That's when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned my head to see a very hot guy standing a few yards away from me. He had Blonde hair, brown eyes and a perfect face. He didn't take his eyes off me and Danny, that's when he went to grab something out of his bag. I turned back around and saw that Danny was now standing over me. I screamed again. Then I heard a gun shot and everything went black.

*End of dream*

"Kayla...kayla...wake up! Its time to wake up!" A voice yelled shaking my shoulder.

I opened my eyes slightly and saw Danny. My dream came flooding back to me. He was sitting on the bed looking down at me, I was sure I saw flashes of red in his eyes. I screamed, jumped out of the bed and ran to the bathroom before he could ask any questions I locked the door. I slid down the door and put my face in my hands. How could this be happening? I thought. Who was that in my dream? UGH! will you calm down it was a freaking dream! It was so real though. Well guess what it wasn't. Why are you so much smarter than me. I am you. Oh whatever. I stood up and washed my face. My skin looked so pale. I dried my face and walked out of the bathroom. Danny was sitting on the bed looking worriedly at me.

"Are you OK?" He asked walking up to me.

I tensed as he walked up to me.

"Yea. I'm fine. I'm sorry for that." I replied with a smile.

He sighed but didn't say anything else. He went into the closet to change for school. That's when i realized I didn't have any other clothes besides the ones I was wearing. He walked out of the closet wearing black skater jeans, a loose Famous shirt and black converse. He looked soo HOT!

"You look nice." I said shyly.

"Thanks, you do too." He said with a wide grin on his face.

I laughed. Even though the smile looked fake and I could tell.

" Well lets get something to eat and get to school." I said.

I wasn't a nerd or anything. We were doing dissection in science today and i was looking forward to it. Danny must of to because his fake smiled turned to a real one.

"I can't wait till dissection!" He yelled.

"Me either. The best part we are partners. Do you think they will let use, ya know? I mean every one in the school knows about us being emo." I asked.

"Oh they will. I'll make them" he replied.

We grabbed some cereal and were out of his house in about 10 minutes. We got there in about 5 minutes. Once we got in the hall i started getting looks from guys. DANG IT! I was wearing a black short sleeve shirt, a short plaid mini skirt with fishnet tights. Danny must have know what the guys were thinking because he put his arm around me and pulled me close to him. I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back. We continue walking to our first class. His arm around me, my arm around his waist. Yay biology! ha-ha i really sound like a nerd. We walked in and took our seats. The bell rang right after and Mr. G walked in.

"Good Morning class!" he said.

"Good Morning Mr. G" the class said simultaneously.

"First things first, we have a new student today!" a blonde hair boy walked into the classroom head held high. "Class this is Jon."

O....M.....G.....THAT WAS THE GUY FROM MY DREAM!!!!