Once I finished my meal and Akamaru had his share of the meal, I cleaned the plate and went outside to play with Akamaru again.

After a while I could feel a strange aura around the village, like an ambush before it goes, only stronger and more evil.

"What's this?" I said out-loud.

~I can feel it too.~ Akamaru said, looking worriedly toward the edge of the village where we could see the trees ends and the village starts. ~But what is it?~ he asked, whimpering softly in fear of the unknown.

"I don't know, Akamaru, but I don't like it." I said close to a whisper.

Something bad is going to happen. I can feel it coming.

~~~

Shinju's POV

"Stop it, Jirou. And put that sword back in place. We are not allowed to fight now." said the blond haired man.

"Fine." the man growled and put his katana back in place.

He is kinda short-tempered, isn't he?

"My apologizes." said the blond haired man with a small smile. "Jirou can be a little short-tempered at times. I'd hope you can forgive him." he said, bowing before us.

Just as I thought.

"My name is Akio. And this is Jirou," He pointed at the other male in his team. "And Haruka." He pointed at the female there were standing at his other site.

"My greetings, Akio-san." I said, bowing slightly toward the team.

"What, you're acting nice to them? They're our enemy!" said Ryou.

"He was nice to us, we could at least be nice, too." I explained, turning myself toward Ryou to give him my full attention. And to show him that I was the one whom was right, not the other way around.

"I don't care!" Ryou crossed his arms stubbornly and glared at the team, completely ignoring me which made my eyebrow twitch in annoyance. I hated it when people ignored me when I directly spoke to them.

"Well, I do!" Ion said a little to loud. "My greetings, Akio-san, Jirou-san, Haruka-san." Ion greeted, bowing down to the waist. "My name is Ion Yamanaka and this is Shinju Aburame. Oh, and this jerk here is -" Ion said, straghtening up and pointed toward Ryou with his thumb, but where interrupted.

"Don't you dare say my name!" yelled Ryou, giving the Yamanaka a death glare.

"All right, all right, chill." Ion shoved his hands up in a protective manner.

"You said Shinju Aburame?" Akio asked, confusion writing on his face.

"Yes, why?" answered Ion.

"Uh, nothing. I'd just wanted to make sure I'd heard right." he said smiling and rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment.

"Okay." Ion said, smiling his ever fabulous smile.

He is hiding something...

"Well, anyways." Hakura interrupted before anyone of us could say something else. "Isn't there something to eat here? I'm starving." She placed a hand on the hip and looked around in the room, seeing nothing but tables and chairs.

"Sorry, we already checked. No food." Ion said, shrugging with an apologetic look on his face.

"Then what are we supposed to eat?" she shouted in a high pitched voice. I flinched, but the others didn't saw it since it was just a small flinch. High pinched voices has always made me uncomfortable...

"Try the forest. I'd bet there's a lot of food out there." I answered in a monotone voice.

"I can't believe it! They don't even have food here?!" she half-shouted and left the room.

The room went silent and for some reason I could feel somebody was watching me and it wasn't the men in the room. It was someone outside the tower. Outside the forest. Kinda creepy.

I don't like this feeling...

~~~

The five days had passed by and the four teams that made it through stood in one line, my team and Naruto's team as well. Haru, Yoshi and Wakana from Team 5 from my Academy time was here, too. And of course Akio's team was here as well.

Lady Hokage explained that the finals will take place on a month from now and told us to train more, but also get a lot of rest.

After her speech, we were told to pull a number. On mine stood 12.

"All right, now each one of you will say your given number by turn. From my right to left." demanded Lady Hokage in a stern voice. Someone on her side were ready to write something down on a clipboard.

"11!" Naruto said in a bright grin.

"7." the girl from Naruto's team said with a bored tone. She had long blond hair made in a braid and was wearing rather revealing clothes. Otherwise she looked like a normal blond girl.

"4." the boy from Naruto's team said. He was wearing a red cap with some grey color on it as well and clothes there reminded me of street clothes. Both him and the girl had their headband tied around their forearms.

"3." Akio said, sounding much like a soldier speaking to their general.

"9." Jirou said irritated, looking like he wanted to be anywhere else than here.

"2." Hakura said with a cheerful tone.

"10." Ryou grumbled. He have had his arms crossed this entire time, a scowls on his face.

"12." I said in a monotone voice.

"6!" Ion said cheerfully, even extending an arm to the tone.

"1." Yoshi said, his voice sounded staining, like he was struggling to speak up.

"8." Haru said with a smirk and placed his hands in the pockets.

"5." Wakana said with a cheerful voice, but it was more controlled than what the others used.

Lady Hokage stood, eying us all with a thoughtful look. The man there had been writing down on the clipboard while we spoke showed the clipboard to us, speaking up. "This is how the finals look like. Remember it well. These opponents you are to face might be stronger then you so you have to prepare yourself in the future."

I checked the paper and could see I was going to fight Naruto. No good...

"You're dismissed." Lady Hokage said and waved a hand dismissively at us then placed the hand on her hip, looking sternly at us.

I went home and wondered what I should do about this. I knew that Naruto was too strong. But that's just meant I have to be stronger then.

--------------------------------

Me: These are the orders of the positions to the finals:

Yoshi - Hakura

Akio - Isuma

Wakana - Ion

Midori - Haru

Jirou - Ryou

Naruto - Shinju