Chapter 8

ALICE'S P.O.V

Connor's too late. It's already raining. His sweater wasn't warm enough for me. The only thing that saved me from this hard pouring rain was the station. But the wind made myself wet too anyway. About 15 minutes later, Connor parked his car.

"Alice?" He opened the window. "Hey come on in, we can't stay long at this line or police would notice! Come on!"

I couldn't walk. I wanted to, but I couldn't. Last night's midnight wind and now the rain have successfully made me want to vomit. Massive headache. I felt so sick.

"Oh my gosh. Alice!"

He walked through the rain and grabbed my body, literally carried me to the passengers seat. I cried so hard. But my lips were blue. I was beyond freezing.

"I'm so sorry. Oh my gosh. You're seriously pale." He turned the heater on. "Let's go home."

The ride back home was so quiet. All Connor did was holding my hands while driving, trying to make me comfortable. I blinked. I could only do that. I hated being weak.

"Tobs? Where you at? Help me park the car please!" Connor walked in with me in his hands. Yes he carried me bridal style. I almost passed out freezing.

"Wait what?-"

"Now!"

"Whoa! Whoa what happened to her? Alice?" Toby tried to shake my hands but he chose to first run outside to park the car back to garage.

"I need hot water. You stay here, Toby." Connor ran to the kitchen.

I choked a lot. The world was spinning in my eyes. I probably tried to sit but it only made things worse. Toby held my hands tightly. My nails were also turning so pale blue.

"Drink this. But breathe first. Take your time. Breathe everytime you sip." Connor gave me hot milk.

I couldn't say anything. That cup of milk was very helpful. Connor and Toby relieved a happy sigh. They said my face was finally turning red, it meant I got enough oxygen again.

"I'm making hot soup for you." Toby sprinted.

Connor stared at me running his fingers through my hair.

"I'm so sorry." I said in cracked voice.

"Do not ever do this again. I'm half dead." He pouted.

"Sorry... It was cold outside."

"You know Orlando can be so surprising, especially it's almost fall."

"Yeah, I don't know, I felt normal five minutes ago." I groaned. "Hey guess I need to change. Your couch is so wet."

"C'mon let me help you. Sweaters are upstairs."

Connor held my waist and literally half-lifted me off the ground to make sure he'd catch me if I ever passed out again. That's very nice of him. We finally got in the room. Connor has prepared two new sweaters for me to wear. So I changed in the bathroom.

"Oh nice. Now I have sniffy nose. Sorry." I sneezed.

"What happened Al? What were you doing at the bus station when I told you to just wait for me at school?"

"I think I wanted to left school earlier so I walked, didn't realize it's already a block far."

Lie. Of course it's all lie.

"Pamela?"

I choked. How could he?

"Hmm? What about her?" I furrowed my brows.

"How's she handling it?"

"Handling what?" I studied Connor's face. "Oh no. You knew she's by the window, didn't you?"

"She needs to know I'm not into her and we have... We have this kind of..."

We both stuttered. I started crying again. I had no idea at all that Connor saw her when he kissed me in the car. I thought it was just him being nice. It's mixed up and a messed.

"Look, Alice. I can't lie forever. I just can't do it with her."

"But I mean why should you do that?" I tried to shout but most of time I got cut in the throat.

"Because it's easier with you." He whispered. "I'm sorry this is so inappropriate but I'm being honest."

I softened my expression. Gave up. He's right. I also felt the same way. Connor's such one comforting, amazing self. I'd probably die frozen at the park if he didn't drag me to his house two days ago. And he's here accepting how I wanted to keep some things secretive without forcing me to speak. He accepted me during my happiest to my worst day.

But it couldn't also justify me like it's okay to fall in love with your friend's crush - that also has crush on your friend.

You're in the middle, Alice. Deal with it.