Chapter 7

ALICE'S P.O.V

"Good morning." Connor's voice was slowly heard as I gained myself back. "It's 8 in the morning, hope you're not yet late for school."

"Gosh... I supposed to stay awake last night." I tied my hair into a bun. "Good morning."

"You look cute."

"Con." I threw a pillow. "You use the bathroom? May I use it?"

"No I just did. Go ahead."

"Ah...what's the point of going to school anyway. I have nothing to wear. Can't deal with this flanel shirt forever."

Connor smiled and ran his fingers through my hair. Okay wait. He didn't consider us..., did he? Because that would be super awkward. Last night was real, I know. But it was more likely we're both tired and he unintendedly kissed me. Nothing to talk or worry about.

"I have some sweaters if you want to wear. Oh this, you absolutely can wear this."

I grabbed one blue sweater. "Is it okay?"

"Jeez. You're being too stiff. Go shower and let's make breakfast after."

I giggled and mouthed thank you. Soon I grabbed a towel that he apparently has prepared, made a quick change, fixed my hair to a much better ponytail. I walked out from the bathroom having same fragrance with Connor. Dang. We looked like...couple.

"Hungry, miss?" Connor grabbed my hand. "C'mon, everybody's downstairs."

"No." I held my feet tight to the ground.

"Don't do it now Alice. You think my parents didn't check who's this girl sleeping in my bed earlier this morning? They know. I told them. Maybe the only one who hasn't yet is Toby. Because 8 AM is still midnight for him."

I sighed. Too many give-in moment since last night. I was so thankful for Connor that he saved me from the cold park last night and shared me his bed. Like of course he could've just turned around because basically I was only another girl at one of his shows. This went too far. I couldn't even process it in my head.

"Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. McDonough." I held my breath. Got cut in the throat.

"Oh sweetheart. Come here." Joan walked me to the dining table.

"Morning, sis!" Riley asked for a fistbump.

"Morning." I nodded and raised a fist too.

"Let's eat! I make waffles. Do you like it? What do you usually eat for breakfast? You want some milk?" Joan was nicely taking care of me.

I stared at Connor. He nodded. Sat across from me. I almost teared up but I tried so hard to hide it. What kind of question was that. My mother never asked such thing. I probably hadn't had breakfast for 12 years and nobody cared anyway.

"You're safe now." Riley smiled to me. "You should convince yourself that you're safe."

"And you can stay here as long as you want." Mark added.

"Thank you all." I sniffed. "I'll get myself an apartment as soon as I can."

"That's the spirit right there. But don't get too stressed out. Connor's room is too big, he always can use a companion." Joan rubbed my back.

I smiled. People in this dining room were very nice. Beyond nice. I felt more welcomed in this family than in my own family. Not that I wasn't sad thinking what's now currently happening back home. But believe it or not, I think I also should save myself. They didn't need me or even see me. Like now, they didn't even notice that I wasn't home.