Chapter 13

ALICE'S P.O.V

Last night was amazing. Connor dropped me off back home by 2:30 AM, I guess. He immediately left because still tired as well. I also still had one more working day today. So let's finish this.

I took my breakfast at Starbucks, the nearest - or I should say literally next to my apartment building. Quick treat and coffee shot, I was ready to leave.

"Alice!"

I turned to all direction to find the source, but failed. Everyone in the room was just staring at me.

"Hey."

The female voice came closer to my direction while I was looking around, so I jumped a bit.

"Whoa, Pam, didn't see you coming."

"I know. Sorry I surprised you."

"No problem."

She nervously tried to smile. "Can I have a moment to talk to you?"

"I...uh, really want to, but I have to go. In hurry. I'm gonna late."

"One minute."

I wasn't into anymore drama or debate with her so yes I took my seat back and let her take the one in front of me.

"How's Connor?"

Bam. The ache she gave me with that question.

"He's doing good, I believe."

"You know that's not what I mean, Al."

"Oh I've stopped trying to understand what you mean, Pam. Can we get it straight, what you want to know, and let me go to work?"

"How are you, with Connor."

"Me? With Connor? As anyhow you want to see it." I smiled bitterly.

"I want to apologize... Alice, it's been the hardest time for me without you by my side."

"Oh yeah, sure, for me too. But because you didn't listen to me anymore, I've also tried to move on."

"It's okay. I just want to let you know, that I'm very sorry for everything I told you. I didn't mean to hurt this friendship. I realized that ours is more important than the ones I have with people."

I gave in. Pamela was my only best friend. Remember when I told you I was the second option? She was the spotlight girl, not me. I was lucky to have her in my life throughout these years, and yes it's been hard too, to not having her by my side.

"Alright. I'm sorry. It's nice to meet you too." I smiled.

"Where do you work?"

"Apprentice Hotel, that way." I pointed the direction.

"Sure. Take your time. I'm sorry for a sudden meeting." She hugged me and we took a moment to relieve a deep breath. "Tell Connor I'm sorry."

"No need. He forgives you already."

"You two would make such a great couple together."

"Ah, for later discussion." I rolled my eyes. "See you around Pam!"

"Oh wait! Can we have lunch today?"

"Eh?" I turned around. "You sure?"

"Yeah... Just... This moment isn't enough. I want to share stories with my best friend again."

"11:30 then." I nodded.

"Bye."

I literally ran across the street to get to my hotel immediately. My boss didn't tolerate anything. Thank goodness I managed to arrive on time. And it's a good, productive day. I got a text from Pamela saying she's already waiting for me in her car outside. So I told my friend I'd have my own lunch, and caught up with her.

"Hey there." She lowered the window. "Hop in."

I smiled but with so many questions in my head. Pamela was indeed naturally a very kind girl. But I believe she had more than lunch to do with me today.

"Was I taking too long? Sorry." I replied.

"No, not really. But I've reserved a table for us at Chipotle, just in case."

"Chipotle." I nodded. "Been so long."

"I know right. Me too."

She drove us to the restaurant and ten minutes later we arrived. Pamela's right, the waitress has been waiting for us by a set of table...but wait.

"Connor?" I gasped. "What are you-"

"Pamela said she wants to speak." Connor gave me a meaningful stare.

I took my seat by Connor's side. We held each other's hand under the table sheet. But Pamela, she was just that cheerful. She ordered our food and started giggling over even simplest stuff like people's weird gestures.

"So... I'm sorry I had to contact you two separatedly. This is necessary." Pamela started the speech.

"May I know what this is about?"

"I'm moving out." She replied quick.

"Whoa. To where?" I gasped, literally surprised.

"Berlin." Pamela smiled to me. "Actually it's not that I'm pushed by my parents to move there. I take the chance. That's all."

"What's in Berlin?"

I still couldn't believe what I heard. We've been friends long enough for me to know every single thing she went through in life, and none of them was include Berlin.

"Well, Pap's stuff. He needs his surgery done in there, so I'll accompany him. Besides, there's this better chance for me to get my modelling career expanded. Some agent contacted me when I posted this pictures on Instagram, so..."

"Great opportunity. Glad you take it. Wish your daddy a good luck for the surgery as well." Connor spoke wisely.

"Thank you so much. Really appreciate it." Pamela stared at us both. "Look at you two. Who knows, it's actually my best friend who's destined to date a band member."

"It's not entirely that." I shook my head and chuckled.

"Are you guys dating already?" Pamela squeezed my hands.

"I'm, uh..." Tongue was frozen, I couldn't make up an answer.

"Yeah. Yeah we are." Connor, instead, answered it with so much confidence.

"I'm so happy for you Alice! You deserve it." She giggled again.

"T-thank you. Appreciate that too."

"I'm sorry guys." Pamela took a moment to bow her head. "I know it's been my fault since day one that I ruined your life, and our friendship too. Al, I didn't mean to hurt you when I told bad things about your parents. It's totally unnecessary and embarrassing. I was being dumb-"

"Stop it, girl. I swear. People are looking at us as if you're punished or something." I whispered.

"Yeah, that's alright. It's nobody's fault." Connor wrapped his hand around my shoulders. "Though actually it's mine. I was the one who came up and spoke to you two. I kinda ruined your thing. But uh, you know Pam, things aren't always-"

"Absolutely." She smirked.

"Oh I'm hungry. Let's get rid of this heavy thing and start dig in." I used my fork to slice my bread.

I smiled at heart. My best friend was back. She knew what she did was wrong, and she apologized for that. Though it's very sad to see her leaving, but I guess it's better this way.

Thank God for a better spinning wheel.