Chapter 6

ALICE'S P.O.V

"Which about the idea of coming home few more minutes after I drove away that goes wrong?" Connor's voice echoed to the entire small park.

I almost jumped off the hill because shocked. "Damn it Con are you ghost?"

"Answer."

"I-I think best way to get rid of thoughts in my head is by walking up somewhere and... I end up here."

"Something wrong with all this. And you should tell me about it."

He wrapped me with some sort of warm sweater because lately Orlando weather wasn't that good anymore. Some nights could be very cold like tonight. Connor almost lifted my body off from the ground and carried me but I'd rather walk. He led me back to the path I was crossing, straight to one big mansion. It's almost twice bigger than my house. Wait. Was I in his neighborhood?

"Your house?" I whispered.

"I saw you from that window, upstairs, on your left." Connor gave instruction so I looked up to the window. The light was still on. "Yeah I'm working."

"Hey I'm sorry but I should've never entered your room. Remember what I exactly am?"

"A fan. I know. Security paper tells us everything but you're a friend now and it's 2 AM."

"Con..."

"Alice, stop arguing for once, please."

I was so hesitate and embarrassed myself that I had to gave in. It's nice to have a help from someone especially it's Connor and he's already such an angel himself. But still, he's the band member and three days ago I was only shopping at a mall with Pamela and screaming inside while watching him. So yes I was embarrassed.

"This is the kitchen, we usually prepare our day in here while Mom cooks breakfast." Connor whispered. "The stairs will take you up to our bedrooms."

"Gosh..." I murmured. "I feel bad, really."

"Just follow me." He grabbed my hand because likely I was about to run away. "You can tell by the letters hung on the door. It's Riley, Mom and Dad, Toby, and mine is here."

He slowly opened the door. Literally. I was walking into Connor's room. He looked happy like I was one old friend he hasn't met for years. He quickly turned his messy room by folding some clothes from the floor.

"Okay. Much better now." He smiled. "Come, jump in. You need some rest."

I hugged him right away. "Thank you Connor. It's more than enough."

I was about to release him but he hugged me tighter instead. I knew he was dying, expecting to figure out what happened with me and maybe hoping could help.

"Alice, may I ask the same question again?" Connor sat with me in his bed.

"It's really nothing. I just don't want to share my dark side of life to people, only to make them feel sorry about it or to make them think that I'm weak."

"Do you really think I'm such that person?"

I gave in. "No... Okay. Parents aren't doing well. That's all."

"Doing well means...?"

"They fight a lot. It's almost no room for me to do my homework or to sleep at night. That's why you see me roaming round the blocks a lot."

"You have no home, for that reason." Connor added and held my hands.

"Pretty tough lately. I need to cope with school because it's almost the end of semester. But whenever I come home, there's always a fight going on. It's endless. I can't stay there."

"But you can't stay outside too."

"I'd rather stay outside for goodness sake, Connor. Besides, I can't rely on you forever."

"Yes you can."

"No... It's not the life I want."

"But for now!" He whispered. "I swear I'm okay with that. See how it works perfectly for us? You saw me playing at the mall, I walked up to you for a little hope about Pamela, I tried but didn't work, and we're now closer than ever before."

"You're such a gem." I hugged Connor tightly. "Thank you."

"Not a problem at all, Alice."

He set the bed for us to lay down next to each other. Eyes on the ceiling. Thoughts flew everywhere. What a mess life I had now.

"Ah, it's 3 AM now." Connor hit his alarm on the bedside table.

"I'm sorry that you have to stay awake this late for me."

"Not really. I was working with protools." He pointed to the table across from bed. "Laptop's still on for sudden inspiration."

"Sassy." I chuckled.

I turned my body to the left and faced Connor. He did the same toward me so we had each other's face. We locked eyes just like that. Room was so quiet. My heart's beating fast. Connor...intendedly brought his face closer to mine.

And that peck on my lips was undeniably beautiful.

"Connor..." I shed a tear. "I'm sorry."

"No. I did that. I wanted to do that."

I shut my mouth right away. What just happened? We were kissing. It was maybe only five seconds of kiss but I just kissed Connor. Our lips were brushing each other's at 3:15 AM Tuesday night in his bed. How was that not shocking?