Chapter 11

ALICE'S P.O.V

"Thank you so much, both of you, for letting me stay for almost two weeks now. Gonna miss you guys."

I hugged Joan tightly and held Mark's hand. Suitcases were ready. Connor and his car were waiting outside. It was a normal Sunday morning and I think it's the perfect time, while everybody home.

"You sure? That apartment is pretty far from here." Toby asked.

"I need to regain life." I chuckled. "I'm still in Orlando, not that I'm moving out to the Bahamas."

"Yeah, but..." Riley's now hugging me.

"Oh because if it's the Bahamas I'm coming with you." Toby messed with my hair."

"Easy guess." I smirked at the little boy. "I'll see you very soon. Bye bye!"

I hopped into the car. Connor's been upset since this morning. He, of course, disagreed to my decision. But he needed to know, that to enjoy a mansion where those three guys couldn't even stay more than two weeks at, is rude. I didn't want to be the pain. Mark was enjoying his medical tour alongwith fellow doctors from across the country to visit hospitals for his humanitarian program. Joan was likely at home, but she also had her own local community to handle. The McDonough brothers wouldn't be home until Christmas. And now's not even fall yet.

So I decided to move out.

"Your apartment isn't near. I can't be there all the time."

"Connor, we've talked about this."

"No! You didn't listen to me. We can't do it like this. If you stayed with Mom it would've been much easier."

"When will you leave for Indonesia by the way?"

"Wednesday, last flight."

"It's in 3 days." I smiled. "I can't hold you for whatever reason, can I?"

"That's not what I meant..."

"I don't even know what's going on in my life anymore. I just want to get a fresh start. This apartment gives me that simple feeling that I need to step up my game, get a job, and pay my own bills. Can you be supportive?"

We were stuck in silence. I just wanted him to understand few things. First, our relationship here was unexplainable. Connor and I weren't dating. We kissed, and we both have learned each other's feeling. But we tend to push aside the 'dating' part because I didn't know if he really wanted me to date him or just stay this way. Second, my messy life needed some fix. And I was working on it. The apartment where I lived now was the nearest to my new office. I worked at three-star hotel as a concierge. At least I got something to do in life, rather than just hanging around the McDonough's residence for zero advantage. Third, the band would be leaving for Asia in a matter of days, so we wouldn't meet each other until probably the following week. Then after Asia trip, they'd have few more shows and meetings in LA, Orlando, and Tampa, until before Christmas. That was all, in case you're wondering why Connor and I had such a heavy talk.

"I'll bring the cases. You just go and check-in." He parked the car.

"Thank you."

I signed everything before the front desk officer let us in. My room was on the 25th floor. Connor walked with me. Still in dying silence.

"Shall I put here?" He asked.

"Yeah. That's good. Thank you so much."

"Alice..."

"Hmm?" I turned around, figured he's gonna talk.

"I'm so sorry. I know I should've understood what you mean by having your own apartment."

"It's okay." I ran my fingers through his hair. "We both have our things to do. So better do it and see you on Christmas Eve."

"Can I kiss you?"

Connor whispered dearly. Well, we've kissed few times now, definitely not our first kiss anymore, but still always felt that crazy roller coaster inside my stomach everytime he's being this cuddly.

"No answer? I'll just kiss anyway."

He locked our lips for a strong but romantic battle. The sunny day was even hotter now. But nothing too serious. It was just a kiss. A farewell kiss, I believe.

"I'll be checking on you again, Tuesday dinner, before I leave."

"Don't come over before that."

"What? Why?"

"So that I can learn to survive without you." I smiled but seriously got cut in the throat. "I need to."

"Babe..."

"Heeeeey stop with the heavy thing!" I danced around. "Open the suitcase for me? Gotta start managing."

I laughed. Chuckled. And cried at the same time. Connor just didn't know how I actually was dying. I missed my old better life. When Pamela was around. When my parents were okay. I never imagined to be a loner like this - well I apparently was, already.

The unpacking session ended by 7 PM. Connor and I just ordered a box of pizza for dinner. Watching Netflix in bed. And a bunch of popcorns in our hands. Lots of kisses too that he stole from me. That night was amazing. But we all know; the real life started tomorrow.

I woke up in the following morning to such a messy bed. Connor was snoring peacefully by my side. I quickly showered and changed. This little apartment managed to give me a space to cook, like a tiny kitchen. So I made him breakfast and coffee.

"Morning, blondie." I smirked.

"Ouch." He covered his blinded eyes because bright sunshine. "What time is it?"

"Almost 8. I think you need to hurry, don't you?"

"Yeah... James plans a meeting for us before packing."

"Then let's go. I also have to prepare for work."

Connor suddenly sat straight staring at me. I jumped aback, shocked.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just totally realized it's Monday already."

"Next time you snap yourself, it's Christmas' Eve." I chuckled. "Go shower. I've made you sandwich."

"Thanks hun."

I smiled and confused at the same time. "You're welcome."

After a quick breakfast, we approached the lobby together. Connor insisted to drive me to the hotel where I now worked at, but I insisted twice as hard to just walk by myself. It's not a good first impression to be driven by a well-known successful band member to work place, when you told your boss that you really needed this job to pay your bills. Let's not do contrary fact for now.

"I'm gonna miss you." He stayed at the crook of my neck as we hugged.

"Miss you more, pumpkin."

"Facetime, okay?"

"Depends on what timezone you use. I don't stay at night waiting for a guy's call." I spoke in sass. "Yeah alright."

"Damn you gave me a heart attack."

"Hahaha. Take care."

"You take care." He pecked my lips. "Bye bye."

"Bye."

We went to opposite direction. Connor drove his car off to the right, and I walked along the pedestrian path to my left. The hotel was couple blocks from here.

Let's survive life without Connor now.

AUTUMN LEAVESजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें