Chapter 3

ALICE'S P.O.V

I sipped my coffee, expecting Connor to start ranting about how pretty Pamela is.

"I think I just spotted her like that, you know."

"Cool." I smirked. "She's undeniable, isn't she?"

"Damn right." Connor finally let out his feeling so this conversation turned less awkward. "I mean she's just...she stands out from the crowd."

"That's awesome. I think she likes you too."

Connor slapped my hand.

"Ouch!"

"I'm trying to make this journey emotional so please play it my way." He pouted.

"Wait what?" I rolled my eyes. "Thought you're one normal one. What's about emotional journey, really?"

"Ugh..."

"What do you want me to do?"

"I don't know..." Connor looked at me straight in the eye. "I think I want to know her better. Maybe go for a movie-"

"Date." I corrected. "You mean a date."

"Damn you're having sixth sense."

I smirked. This guy's funny. But so gently caring and amazing. I think Pamela would like him. Reason number one, of course, he's Connor McDonough, no kidding. Reason number two, his personality is an A+. Pamela's always into cool sweet and gentle guys so Connor's already halfway to it.

"Okay then. Try tomorrow and pick her up from school at 2. I'll be with her like obviously but I'll make her to agree to the ride you offer."

"Fast." He sighed. "You think this is gonna work?"

"You're Connor McDonough, for freaking sake, haven't you ever used that charm you have to attract a girl?"

"Once, and failed."

"Bahahaha you'll never fail this time."

Connor and I continued to enjoy tonight with calming breeze. I zipped my jacket. It was almost midnight. Connor insisted he would drive me home, no matter how many times I refused - because well after that fight I didn't feel like coming home but today's not going to be the day to open a secret to this guy. So I gave in. He drove me back to my house.

"Thanks for the coffee. It was very useful knowing Orlando's surprisingly having a fall wheather."

"You'll be surprised." He smiled. "Go inside, I'll be waiting until you lock the door."

"Dammit I'm not scared of ghosts if that's what you're implying."

"Nah, for safety reason."

"No, just drive away I can secure my space by myself."

"No way."

"Please do."

"No."

"Oh c'mon this is ridiculous, just drive away."

"Not a chance."

He turned off the engine instead. I rolled my eyes. Turned around pretending I was unlocking the garage and went inside. Connor finally let myself in and he took off.

But the second he drove away, I walked out of my garage and walked to the east.

***

Good morning. I sneaked into my room from this steps I made. Since I wasn't having the happiest life out of people around my block, I kind of tried to escape it by doing something 'monkey-ish' - though I know it couldn't count as a word. Like this morning, climbed into my own room from backyard.