Chapter 12

ALICE'S P.O.V

Walked down the street to my work place. It's been weeks. Fall has almost turn into Christmas weather, though we couldn't really feel what's a snowy December like. Orlando was only getting a bit colder.

They have arrived home from Indonesia, but still had to settle down a little longer in LA for a video shooting. Connor and I haven't much talked. There was only very limited time. Facetime-ing once in a while, but that's all. But I wasn't complaining. This was the life I hoped to have, and gladly I did have. It's my time to survive, to make it happen between school and work altogether. Been having sneezy nose and dizzy head, but I was doing okay.

"Hun? Where are you?"

"Just about to go home. Where are you?"

"Last scene then we're done."

"Cool."

"I'm going home tomorrow."

"That's awesome. Hope you'll have a wonderful trip-"

"I want to meet you." Connor cut me in the way.

"Sure. Yeah. Let's meet." I giggled.

"Are you free, tomorrow night?"

"I am, but wouldn't you be so tired if we forced to meet tomorrow? There's always the day after."

"Don't do it."

"Hahaha. Okaaay okay, take your own risk."

"I will." His tone's getting serious. "No joke. I really want to meet you."

"Can't wait for tomorrow."

"Talk to you later?"

"Absolutely. Take care guys."

"You too babe."

We ended the call. Gladly my boss was in his room. Connor's coming home tomorrow. That'd be amazing to see him again.

***

Today I went to work like I usually did. But this time with eyebags under my eyes because I couldn't sleep. Nightmare about my parents. I probably missed them so much but no way could I go home to check. They would kill me. Few days ago I tried to take the bus and headed to my neighborhood. All I saw was a likely abandoned house. I couldn't find Dad's car so I have no idea what's going on.

Con:
I'm outside :)

My phone popped up the silent notification as I received his text. Dang. Fast. I checked the clock, it was nearly thirty more minutes before I ended my working shift. I prepared my daily report, submitted it on my boss' desk, quickly changed, and met him at the parking lot.

"Why don't you wait at the lobby?" I smiled.

"I miss you too."

"Answer." I playfully refused to hug him.

"Ouch. Your boy's missing you so much. Can't he at least get a kiss?"

"No, you looking messy." I messed his hair which made him pout. "Hahaha. Come here."

"Ooooooh that's so good to finally see you again." Connor whispered in my ears. "Been dying for weeks because of you."

"Nah-"

"I swear."

"Okay. Okay then I'm not complaining. Good to have you home again, too."

"Shall we?" He grabbed my hands.

"What? To where?"

"Dinner! Gosh babe, for steak's sake, I need food."

"You sound a lot like Tobs."

He didn't listen to me anymore, and dragged me to the car instead. I chuckled. What an interesting meeting. He wasted no time. Drove off to one of fancy restaurants in town, ordered a table for two, and let me sit properly like an ancient man.

"What is this?" I chuckled.

"Nothing. Just me being fancy and hungry at the same time. Tour food was not the best though. All I had was cheeseburgers and coffee. I'm not complaining the coffee part, but seriously those ain't meals if you have it everyday-"

"Whoa okay take a deep breath."

"Okay." He grinned. "Actually..."

"Hmm?"

"I'd like you to open this."

He gave a white sealed envelope.

"Is this Toby's birthday invitation?"

"Just open it."

I nodded and ripped the envelope. Carefully read the words on a card. Wait. I flipped the card and found a giant cruise as its background. Hold on.

"I don't get it. We're not-"

"Will you spend Christmas, and especially new years eve with me, on a cruise, with my family and friends?"

"W-hat?"

I teared up. No. Literally burst out cried right away. It was not the cruise-themed card. It was the formal invitation from that exact cruise captured on the card, the cruise we'd be spending the last days of 2015, which would be heading to the Bahamas, alongwith our beloved people.

"You happy?"

"So happy!" I hugged him. "Thank you for choosing me, Con!"

"You're my first and only option to go with." He winked.

"Do Mark and Joan come along?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah! James and Anthony, too. And some other relatives. We're going to be a crew."

"That would be amazing!"

"I'm glad you're coming." Connor held my hand.

"And I'm honored to go with you guys."

We spent the night talking and laughing. Just a good time, that's how I described it. The restaurant wasn't close until 2 AM. It was pretty awesome. At least I got to let loose the heavy problems from my shoulders.

Thank you, love.