Chapter 66

"EZRA!"

I shot a quick glance at Calvin and shot up from my chair. I ran upstairs and Calvin was right behind me

"EZRA!" She screamed again. It was terrifying. It was horrific to hear her scream like that.

"DAD! EZRA! PLEASE HELP!!" We heard another scream.

"EZRA!"

"HELP!"

The screams didn't stop. I ran to Madelines door and kicked in the door. It was a mess.

I saw Madeline, knelt down next to Aria on the ground. She was crying and shaking Aria's shoulders, but Aria just kept crying. Calvin ran to Madeline and carried her to the other side of the room so I could help Aria. She was laying on the floor, curled up like a ball,  and both of her hands were grasping towards her head. She had her eyes squeezed, hey eyebrows frowned and her mouth was was screaming agonizing sounds. I knelt down before her and grabbed one of her hands.

"ARIA? ARIA! What's wrong?" I said as I grabbed her arm. She let out one soft yell, and tried to speak.

"I- it's m- my he- head" she cried as her hand reached towards her head again.

"Does it hurt? What's wrong?"

"P- pa-" she tried to speak, but in the middle of her sentence her hand pressed against her head even harder and she let out an horrifying scream.

"Pa- pain" she finished.

"CALVIN! CALL DOCTOR HORT AND TELL HIM HE HAS TO COME HERE, IMMEDIATLEY!" I yelled as I grabbed Aria's arm.

"We're calling your doctor now, he is on his way. What do you feel?" I quickly spoke to her as she pulled her arm out of my grib to reach to her head again.

"It- ju-.."

"Pinches" she said in between the little screams she let. I comforted her by rubbing her temple and brushed her hair. Every once in a while she let out another scream and her body shrinked to a little ball. Tears were coming out of her eyes. Madeline and Calvin were standing in the corner if the room, and Madeline had wrapped her arms around Calvins body and he was brushing her hair. I gave them a look of despair, I didn't know what to do, and neither did they. Aria just kept crying and shrinking, and letting out small screams. After a minute of five the doorbell went and Calvin ran downstairs. While he was gone Aria grabbed my hand. She squeezed in it very hard, and then she cried out:

"Ez- Ezra"

"What's wrong Ar? Does it hurt?" I quickly responded

"No- no matter wh- what happens--
I will always love you"

"Aria, you're gonna be okay, do you hear me? Your doctor is here, come on, you're gonna be fine!"

She grasped to her head again and cried out in pain. Hort ran into the room and put his doctors bag next to him.

"Aria! Aria can you calm down! What do you feel?!" Hort quickly asked and knelt down next to her.

"Pain. My head" she cried out

"Where exactly do you feel the pain Aria?"

"Pinches, in the back...... Of my.. Head" she spoke,  wincing in pain.

"Do you feel more pain if I do this?" He asked as he pressed to fingers on the side of her head

"A little" she cried

"And if I do this?" He asked as he pressed on a specific place on the back of her head.

"AAAAH!" She yelled out. She started to cry even more and Dr. Hort quickly removed his hands

"Aah, I see.. Do you have pain anywhere else?"

"No" she gasped out

"Take this Aria" he said as he gave her some medicine and a glass of water. Aria took the medicine and I handed her the water. I sat down on the ground next to her and put her upper body on my lap and brushed her hair. After a few minutes she stopped screaming and only a few sobs were coming out of her mouth.

"Do you feel better Aria?" Hort asked

"Ye, yes. I think so" she said and a little smile appeared on her face. I love her for that, she always manages to smile even though times are hard an tough.

"Good, that's really good" Hort smiled

"What happened? Is it dangerous?" I asked him

"She had a bruise in her skull, that's what caused the memory loss. In the healing progress it can expand and that will cause pressure on her brain. It doesn't occure that often. Aria had bad luck. It is not dangerous, but I think it's best if she takes rest as often as she can."

"Thank you so much" I smiled

"Well, I think my job is done here. If she ever has an attack like this again, give this medicine to her Ezra. I know you will take care of her"

"I do. I promise. Thank you doctor" I said smiling go him, and Aria was already drifting away in my lap.

"No problem. I have to go back to work now. If anything changes call me!" Hort said as he grabbed his bag and walked towards the door

"I will!" I yelled after him and then he left. I let out an sigh I didn't notice I was holding in. Madeline ran towards Aria and knelt down next to us. She had a hard time trying not to cry, so she just brushed away a strand of hair that was on Aria's head and gave her a kiss on her head.

"I think it's best if I take her home" I said to Calvin when he walked towards us.

"Yes, I think so. I love you Aria" he said as he gave her an kiss on her cheek. I smiled to Calvin, stood up and carried an sleeping Aria to the car. I waved at Madeline and Calvin and then drove back home. I placed Aria on the bed, crawled in next to her, took her in my arms and relaxed for a while. I looked at an peacefully sleeping Aria, thinking to myself, "things almost went wrong." I broke down and started crying a little bit, and kissed Aria on her head. Just when I did that a small smile appeared on her face.