Chapter 22

"He's gone."

The next morning

I woke up and walked downstairs. Scarlett, Calvin and Madeline were playing a game.

"Hey Aria, how was your night?"

"I slept very well, I'm just so relieved Ezra is awake and stable"

I walked to the kitchen and made myself breakfast. I walked back to the rest of my family and started to eat my cornflakes.

"Mom, dad, Madeline, we can't just pretend nothing happened, I'm sorry for walking away. I really am. If I didn't walk away nothing would have happened!"

"Look Aria, you were mad, you shouldn't have walked away, it was wrong, but it happened, we can't do anything about it anymore. We're not mad at you" Calvin said

I walked to him and hugged him, Mom and Madeline. We talked for a little while, and I got to the bathroom to put my clothes on. I told my family I was going to Ezra, and I drove to hospital. I walked to his room and sat on his bed. Ezra was still sleeping, and I just grabbed our favourite book out of my purse, To kill a mockingbird, and started reading out loud. After ten minutes I suddenly felt a hand on my inner thigh. I looked at Ezra and he was smiling at me.

"Hey babe, how long were you awake?"

"Almost the wole time you were here" he said smiling

"Hey! Why didn't you say something?"

"Because I like to hear you reading, and I like having you around"

I gave him a gentle kiss on his lips, and I laid down next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and I snuggled my head onto his chest. He kissed me on top of my head, and we just laid there for a moment. After a while I fell asleep.

EZRA P.O.V

Aria was laying in my hospital bed, and after a while she fell asleep. She was so cute when she was sleeping. I just watched her sleeping, and after a while someone came in.

It was Ella.

"Ella. What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to make things up to Aria."

"You're not the one who has to take care of Aria. You're too late for that now."

"I know. I just want to say sorry"

"Oh, now Carl is gone you suddenly want to say your sorry? I think it's better if you go now"

She just looked at Aria who was sleeping on my chest. She nodded and walked away. Gosh, I hate this. Was I supposed to wake up Aria? She needed to rest. She wasn't ready to face her mom. I did the good thing.

ARIA P.O.V

I woke up in Ezra's strong arms. I looked up to see his face, and caught him staring at me.

"Hello there beautiful"

"Hi there honey"

Ezra was thinking and rubbed circles on my hand with his thumb.

"Hey, what are you thinking about?"

"Sorry what did you say?"

"Hey Ez, what's wrong? What are you thinking about?"

"No, it's nothing. Don't worry"

I thought it was a little bit strange, but I didn't ask further. After a while I told Ezra I had to go, and that I would be back later that afternoon. I called Jason if I could come by, and I drove to his house. I knocked on the door and Mrs. Dilaurentis opened it.

"Oh hey Aria darling! How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, thanks Mrs. Dilaurentis" I said with an smile

I walked upstairs to Jason's room, kicked in the door and I yelled;

"Jaaasssooon! Queen is back!"

"Heey Ar! What did I hear?! What happened?"

"Ehh..." I didn't really feel like telling him the story, I didn't want to remember.

"You don't have to tell me Ar"

"I will tell you.. But now is just not the right moment."

Jason understood and we just watched some movies and ate some ice cream.

"Aria! Stop eating so much ice cream! Give it to me!"

"There is always room for ice cream" I said with an smirk

"But I want some ice cream too!" He said with an puppy face

"Don't ever take ice cream away from a girl" I said with an really serious face

We both bursted out in laughter and ate the ice cream together. We watched the movie, and when it was finished I told Jason I had to go because my family was waiting for me. I said goodbye to Mrs. Dilaurenis and Jason and walked to my car. I didn't go home, I went to the hospital to see Ezra. I walked in his room and sat on his bed.

"I bought you some chocolate!" I said with a grin on my face

"Loveyou Aria!" He said while grabbing the chocolate of out my hands.

"Not so fast Mr. Fitz!" I said while grabbing it back

And just then, we heard someone coughing. We both looked around so see who it was. It was Ella. My real mom.

"Hey Aria, see you're awake now" she said with an dry face

"Hello Ella. What are you doing here?"

"Can I talk to you alone please?"

"No. Whatever you want to say to me, you can say it to the both of us."

"Okay. Aria, I wanted to say I'm sorry. I didn't take care of you and Mike, I am so sorry"

"Don't say you're sorry. You're only saying sorry because Carl is gone now. You aren't the one who can take care of me anymore. I have a new family now. Go away"

"No but Aria please!"

"Go away Ella!" I yelled at her

She just looked at me with tears in her eyes, and then left.

"Aria, are you okay?" Ezra said

"Yeah I'm fine Ezra.. But what did she mean with, I see you're awake now? Did she come by earlier this day?"

"No Aria, just don't worry.." Ezra said while kissing me on the head

"Yeah but how did she know I was asleep earlier this day Ezra?"

"Look Aria, she was here earlier this day.. She wanted to talk to you but I said she couldn't and that she had to leave"

"Ezra you can't make those decisions for me!"

"I'm sorry! I thought it would be better to keep it for myself! You've been through so much! You aren't ready for a confrontation like this!"

"Ezra! You lied to me!"