Chapter 54

"I was expecting everything from anyone, but I was certainly NOT expecting this from you two!!"

"Oh Ezra, why shouldn't you? Aria ruined everything, she ruined our family"

"Wait, what are you saying?!" I raised my voice. I took a step closer to her, but officer White stopped me. I tried to escape from his grib, But I failed. I just want to go to Aria. All I want is to have Aria back. That's all that matters now.

Just then the door of the basement opened, and I saw two silhouettes standing there. They both looked like girls. One taller than the other. They quickly walked towards us, but then they saw who were standing in front of us.

"Scarlett?" Spencer wishpered

"Evan?!!" Madeline gasped, and soon tears were forming in her eyes.

"Surprise bitches, it's us." Evan said smirking

"Why are you.. WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?! THIS ISN'T FUNNY AT ALL!" Madeline screamed. Tears were streaming down her face now, and she had seen Aria. She just couldn't take her eyes off the body. She couldn't look at anything else. Especially not Evan.

"Oh dearest Madeline, to me it is funny" Evan said laughing. Officer White and the rest of the policeman quickly arrested Scarlett and Evan, although they were still laughing. Madeline completley broke down in tears, and Spencer hugged her and nodded to me, as a signal she would take care of her. I gave her a small nod and ran towards Aria, but she was completely passed out. I don't think she ever woke up after she passed out in class. I quickly untied her from the cold metal table, ripped her flanel open and put my head on her chest to hear if her heart was still beating.

The heartbeat that I once loved so much. The heartbeat that I wished I could spend my whole life with. The heartbeat of my one true love. The heartbeat I wanted to marry. The heartbeat I wanted to have children with. The heartbeat that made me feel more home than my own. The heartbeat that belongs to Aria.

Was gone.

"DOCTOR! DOCTOR WHITE, HELP ME! HELP ME! HER HEARTBEAT IS GONE!" I cried out. Everyone looked at me, and doctor White ran towards Aria to hear her heartbeat. He quickly grabbed his phone and called someone.

"Doctor White here, I need assistance, NOW!" He put his phone away and quickly started to reanimate Aria. I couldn't help but notice he was almost breaking her ribs, she was so damn skinny. I just stood there the whole time holding Aria's cold hand. I couldn't cry. I couldn't scream. I couldn't do anything. I didn't know what was happening.

After a few minutes the rest of the doctors and nurses arrived in the room, and after a few seconds they were all standing around her putting on a oxygen mask, and doing several other things, trying to wake her up again. after a minute or 3, doctor Hort suddenly said:

"She's alive"

The doctor quickly pulled her on a stretcher and carried her to the ambulance. I followed them outside, never letting go of her hand, and they connected her to a heart monitor. The monitor beeped, so her heart was beating.

Aria's heart was beating again.

"Her heartbeat is still very low, she has to go to hospital as soon as possible!" Hort yelled and jumped into the ambulance. Before I knew it, I was sitting in an ambulance next to an barely alive Aria, racing to the hospital. Moments after that, I was sitting in the waiting room of the hospital, again, while the doctors were taking care of Aria. I looked at my phone and saw I had new messages.

Spencer: 5

Madeline: 7

Calvin: 5

Jason: 10

Byron: 2

I was so angry, I just threw my phone at the wall. The glass broke in a thousend pieces, but I didn't care. I could only think about Aria. I didn't want the world to know. I wanted to keep it to myself, hoping it was a dream. If I told anyone it would make it official.

"Aria died"

"She's alive now, but she died."

"I failed taking care of her"

"I failed protecting her"

"It's my fault."

"I'm sorry"

I'm not able to say those words out loud. I can't. I can't go home and pretend like nothing happened. I can't tell Calvin Aria was dead. I can never face Scarlett or Evan ever again.

"I can not escape reality"

A/N

sorry this chapter was kind of short but I didn't have that much time to upload and I didn't want to let you guys wait for that long 🙂 we will find out later why Scarlett and Evan (and Nicholas) did this. Plot twist, you guys weren't expecting Evan right?