Chapter 21

He said while taking out his pistol

ARIA POV

He pointed the gun to Ezra,

And he shot

"CARL NO! PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM IT IS MY FAULT KILL ME DON'T HURT EZRA!" I screamed and cried out

I looked at Ezra, and there was blood coming out of his stomach. He looked at me with tears in his eyes, and then he fell on the ground.

"SHUT UP ARIA! ONE MORE WORD AND I'LL KILL YOU TOO!"

He pointed the gun towards me, but before he could do anything I heard someone scream;

"DROP THE GUN! PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR NECK AND TURN AROUND!" I looked up, and saw policeman everywhere. Carl just looked at them, still holding the gun.

"DROP THE GUN,NOW!"

But he didn't drop the gun. He put the gun against his own head, and shot. He killed himself. I was actually glad he did. Now Carl would never barge into my life again. A police officer ran towards me and cut the rope of my wrists. He started asking me questions, but I didn't answer them. I crawled towards Ezra, and saw he was still alive. He was still alive!!

"SOMEONE CALL FOR HELP! CALL 911!"

"I already did" I heard someone say from behind me.

I turned around and saw it was Madeline. She took of her shirt and put it against Ezra's wound. Ezra just looked at me, and he tried to say something what sounded like;

"I love you Aria"

"I love you too Ezra" I wishpered

And with that, his eyes closed. I started to cry and scream, and then the ambulance arrived and they ran to Ezra. They ripped of his shirt, put a bandage on the wound and put him on a stretcher. They put him into the ambulance and drove away. I wanted to go with him but I had to stay here for the police. I turned around and saw Carls body. I couldn't see it anymore. I didn't want to. I turned around but when I wanted to walk away Dr. Sullivan grabbed me by my arm.

"Aria, I am gonna take you to hospital so they can check up on you and you can see Ezra."

I actually was a relieved I didn't have to stay here any longer. I cried the whole way to hospital, and when the doctors were done checking me and bandaging my wrists I ran to a nurse and asked;

"Ezra Fitz, where is he? Can I see him? Did he make it?" Tears were coming out of my eyes.

"He just came out of surgery. They completed it succesfully but the next 24 hours are crucial. There is still a chance he isn't gonna make it. I'm sorry"

I just nodded, walked to the waiting room, and I saw my family sitting there. I started to cry even more and Calvin walked towards me and just hugged me.

"I'm so sorry for running away" I cried out

"Don't be Aria, you have to focus on your boyfriend now"

I nodded, walked to Ezra's room and sat down in the chair next to his bed. I took his hand, gave it a kiss, and then I just sat there in silence. Ezra looked horrible. There were tubes coming out of his body, And he had that big scar/bandage on his stomach. I sat there for hours and hours waiting for Ezra to wake up. Scarlett came in and said I needed some sleep, and that she would wait by Ezra. I nodded, gave Ezra a kiss on his lips and told him goodbye, and with that, his eyes fluttered open and he looked at me.

"Ezra are you awake?!"

He just smiled at me and Scarlett called a nurse. She did a few tests and then she said:

"I don't know how this happened, but your condition is stable Ezra, I didn't expect that would happen to be honest"

"True love honey, just can't kill it"

The nurse smiled at us and walked away. I held Ezra's hand untill he fell back asleep.

"Get some sleep now Aria, I will wait here"

"Thanks Scarlett"

I walked back to the waiting room, and saw Madeline and Calvin still sitting there.

"Madeline, Calvin, Hey!"

"Hey Aria! How is Ezra?" Madeline asked

"He is doing fine" I said with an smile on my face

Madeline was really happy and told me Ezra was a great man:

"Aria, Ezra is so cool! I mean, it is not cool what happened but it's so sweet what he did for you because he recieved text messages from Carl that we had to go find a clue but at first we couldn't find it but then we found it just as the other two and then we drove to the graveyard but Ezra told me to stay in the car and then I heard you screaming and called the cops and then I heard a gunshot and called the ambulance and I'm so sorry and-"

"Madeline, I'm really proud of you, don't say sorry"

Madeline smiled at me and a few minutes later I fell asleep. I really needed the sleep. After a few hours I woke up with my head on someone's lap. It was Calvins lap.

"Oh sorry Calvin, I didn't mean to sleep like this!"

"Don't say sorry! You're my daughter remember?"

I smiled and ate a cookie from the vending machine. Gosh I was hungry! I ate like 20 cookies before I returned to Ezra. He was awake and Scarlett was talking to him. When I came in, she turned around and left me and Ezra alone.

"Your mother is really nice"

"Yeah she is, I'm happy to have her"

"I understand, she is way better than Carl"

"Oh my god Ezra, I'm so sorry, I had no idea he would do something like this! I'm so sorry it's all my fault!"

"Stop Aria. It's not your fault. You can't do anything about it. He can't hurt you anymore Aria. He's gone."