Chapter 65

"Madeline... Scarlett and Evan were having an affair."

EZRA POV

"Madeline... Scarlett and Evan were having an affair" Aria mumbled while looking into her lap. I was holding her hand for support, and I noticed both Aria and Madeline were struggling to hold in their tears. Madeline wanted to talk, but she didn't manage to get anything out of her mouth. Aria noticed and walked towards her and hugged her as they both bursted out in tears. I didn't really know what to do, so I just sat there for a moment. I looked around me and noticed all the mess. I remembered this house as a neat and clean place, but I couldn't help seeing all the mess that was around here now. Plates and glasses were everywhere.

I looked back at Aria and Madeline and saw they were both just staring at each other. I walked towards them, knelt down before them and took Madeline's hand in my hand, and in my other hand I took Aria's. They both looked at me, and then they bursted out in tears again. I gave them both a big hug, and sat down next to Aria.

"Why Aria? Why?" Madeline cried out, while pinching in my hand.

"I don't know Madeline.. I wish I knew" Aria cried out.

"I, I just don't know what to say... I want to help you both but I have no words for this" I sighed while playing with a strand of hair. Aria looked at me, and a little smile appeared on her face.

"I know you want to help Ezra, but you can't now.. I don't know what to do either" Madeline cried out. We sat there for a moment in silence, untill Madeline suddenly said:

"I want to sleep."

"Do you want us to go?" Aria asked he, tears still in her eyes

"Will you come with me?" Madeline asked Aria

"Of course Madeline, I will" Aria said while brushing Madelines hair. Madeline stood up from her chair, and I walked to Aria to carry her upstairs. Just before the stairs, Madeline suddenly broke down, crying, dropping herself on the floor, curling like a ball.

"MADELINE!" Aria screamed, and tears formed in her eyes again. I ran to the couch with Aria in my arms, put her on the couch and ran back to Madeline. She was laying on the ground, crying and shaking heavily. I knelt down before her and grabbed her arm.

"Madeline? Madeline can you hear me? Please calm down" I said. Madeline slowly nodded her head and she calmed down a little bit. I scooped Madeline up and carried her upstairs to her bed, then went back downstairs to get Aria and laid her down next to Madeline. They were both calmed down a little bit and Aria gave me a kiss on my mouth.

"Thank you Ezra, I love you" she wishpered

"I love you too Aria" I wishpered back. Madeline turned around, and suddenly said: "I love you too Aria, and thank you Ezra, you're the best boyfriend for Aria I could ever wish for." A huge smile appeared on my face.

"Thank you so much Madeline, you're the best sister for Aria I could ever wish for" I responded and sat down in the chair that was standing on the side of the bed Aria was laying in. She had her arms safely wrapped around her little sister, and I turned off the lights and brushed Aria's hair and waited untill both Aria and Madeline were asleep. When they were asleep, I walked back downstairs and decided to help Calvin a little bit and clean up the house. I washed the dishes, cleaned the living room, and by the time I was collecting all the dirty glasses I heard the front door open.

"Ezra? What are you doing here?" A voice asked. I turned around to see an awful looking Calvin with an confused look on his face standing in the door opening. He had huge bags under his eyes, he was wearing baggy clothing, and it looked like he hadn't slept for years.

"Mr. Moore! Well, Aria wanted to come here to see her old house again. She wanted to talk to you and Madeline, but you were at the police station. I guess you know what happened?" I asked sympathetically

"Unfortunalty, yes. Scarlett is sick. Really sick." He said while putting away his bag. "But were are Madeline and Aria now?" He asked me

"They're sleeping in Madelines bed. Aria told her what happened, and it was a little bit... Intense." I said while walking to the living room

"Thank you for taking care of them" Calvin smiled and followed me to the living room. "Wow, what happened here?" Calvin said while looking around the living room, his eyes full of confusion.

"I thought, I would help you clean your house. I know you're family is having a tough time, and I will do anything to help you."

"You're not a bad guy Ezra" Calvin smiled, and walked to the kitchen.

"Want a Vodka?" He yelled

"No, I'm fine! I have to drive Aria back home, and I don't want her to get in an accident, but thank you!" I yelled back at him, refusing his offer. Calvin came back with vodka for himself, sat down on the chair across from me.

"You know Ezra, you're not an bad guy. I know I didn't really approve your relationship at first, but I see now what Aria sees in you. I couldn't wish for an better son-in-law. Thank you" he smiled at me.

"Oh sir, that means so much to me. I will do anything for Aria, And I respect her thoughts and her feelings, just like I respect yours. I want to thank you for being there for Aria, and I want to thank you for approving our relationship." I said, but before I could even finish my sentence, I heard an sound that tore my heart apart. It was an agonizing scream. One scream that made my heart stop.

"EZRA!"