"So that's it?" Sakura says, making me turn to face her.

Behind her is see Naruto and he looks about as clueless as ever.

"Since you're in charge of this bridge, you're standing in this gangsters way." She finishes.

"That means," Sasuke begins, turning to face the three of us. "Those men we fought in the forest were working for Gato."

"Ahhh, Hmmmm." Naruto hums to himself, placing one of his fingers to his forehead, trying to figure this all out.

"Ok, Naruto. Basically there's a really short man who wants to kill the man we were assigned to protect. This man wants to kill him because he is building a brigde." I say, hoping that Naruto will pick it us.

"Ok, got it. but whats so special about this bridge?" He asks me.

"Basically, it will connect were Tazuna lives to where we live, so people can walk across it and visit other places."

"Oh ok, but why don't they use boats?" Naruto questions again.

"Well, because they, um well ... they ." I say trying to think of a reason as to why they don't. "I actually don't know. Tazuna why don't people use boats to leave?"

"Well because, Gato controls the oceans, also this bridge will be a symbol of this towns freedom, once it is complete it will be hard for him to stop people getting here, without seeing who and what he truly is." Tazuna says.

"that's pretty reasonable, I guess." I reply. "You understand now Naruto?"

"Yeah, it makes sense now." he says smiling.

"What I don't understand is that if you knew he was dangerous, that he'd send ninja to eliminate you, Why did you hide that from us?" Kakashi asks Tazuna sternly.

"Because that land of waves," Tazuna begins before lowering his head. "Is a small, impoverished nation. Even our nobles have little money. The common people who are building this bridge, they can't pay for an A or B ranked mission. It's too expensive, if you end the mission when you drop me ashore there will be no bridge, they'll assassinate me before I reach home."

'oh man, guilt trip inbound .'

"But hey, don't feel bad about that, of course my sweet little grandson will be upset he'll cry, 'Granddad, granddad, I want my granddad.' Of and my daughter will condemn the ninja of the hidden leaves, denouncing and blaming you for abandoning her father and living her life in sorrow" Tazuna continues to rid us with guilt. "Oh well, it's not your fault, forget it."

'what did I say, guilt trip.'

"well," Kakashi says, as theres a rotten feeling in my stomach. "I guess we have no other choice, We'll have to keep guarding you."

"Aww, im very great full." Tazuna says blankly.

'Yeah like that wasn't your plan from the very beginning, you old geezer.'

"We're approaching the shore." The rower says in a low voice. "Tazuna, we have been very fortunate, no one has spotted us so far."

"Good going." Tazuna replies, as the boat enters a tunnel, going on it steady trajectory.

It doesn't take long form when we entered the tunnel, to get to the exit, but when we get out whats waiting for us is spectacular. The mist seems to have cleared and there are houses all around us, sitting above the water.

"Yeaah." Naruto says more calm than usual.

We continue to sail until we reach a corner of the pier. The rower stops the boat and one by one, we each get off.