One Hell Of a Rollercoaster

A/N: I listened to the song attached to this chapter as I wrote this chapter.. I almost cried lol.

The melody and lyrics are perfect for this chapter👌Enjoy to your fullest leisure~

{SoonHee's POV}

"You can drop me off at the subway. I can-"

"SoonHee, for the millionth time, no. I'll drive you home, so don't worry about it", he says after about 30 minutes of driving. As we near my apartment building, I groan and he finally pulls up into the parking area.

"Uh.. SoonHee? Is this the right address?" He says as he peers at the slightly graffitied apartment building.

The now risen moon shines dimly onto the 'colorful' building. Tags and other words are graffitied onto the side of the building while some broken windows here and there are smashed in between them.

It's honestly not that bad as it may sound. It could be worse.

Right?

"Yep. Thanks for dropping me off", I tell him quickly as I grab my shoes from the backseat. With no further delay, I open the car door and slam it closed, walking in a fast pace towards the building with my still wet clothing clinging onto my body.

"Hey! Wait! SoonHee!" I hear from behind me but I quickly enter the building without a glance back. I walk past the old front desk and begin to climb up the rickety staircase.

"I said wait", I hear as I feel a hand grab onto my forearm. I turn my body slightly, "what?"

"You don't really live here... Do you?"

"Why else would I enter the building?"

He sighs and I remove my arm from his grip. "Now if you'll excuse me. I need to get out of these wet clothes", I say shakily as I remember the locket in my hand. I place my locket into my pocket as I begin to turn away and continue to walk up the stairs with his trying to be quiet footsteps right behind me.

"Why are you following me?" I ask him as I continue to trudge my way up the sort of rotten wooden stairs. He doesn't answer me and continues to follow without another word. I sigh in annoyance and finally make it to the floor of where my apartment should be.

"You can go now", I tell him as I turn around. My eyes look into his and I feel my stomach twist.

He's looking at me with pity.

"Don't give me that look", I command aggravatingly. I turn around and walk down the narrow hallway to get to my apartment.

"Why do you live here?" He finally speaks up and asks me. I continue to walk to my apartment door without stopping or turning around.

"Because", I tell him with a sneer.

It's my personal business. He shouldn't just stick his nose where it doesn't belong.

I live here because I can't afford living in any other apartment. This was the cheapest one I could find. Everything in my apartment works well. The heater, air conditioner, stove, fridge.. Everything works.

I just can't use it because that'll skyrocket my bills. And right now, I need all the money I can get to pay off my debts.

I take my soaking wet keys out of my pants pocket and place them in the knob of my apartment door to open it.

"SoonHee... I'm sorry", I hear from JongJin and I turn my head slightly to acknowledge his words.

"why are you sorry??"