Loved Ones Are What Matters, No Longer Holding Onto Him

Listen to some sad or soft music if you want (I listened to the song attached to this chapter while writing this lol. Btw the lyrics are nice too hehe).

{Jungkook's POV}

I never realized how much I missed SoonHee, until I heard her voice.

I continue to lay in the hotel bed in the dark room, staring at the ceiling and thinking only about her.

The memories of us together make my heart pound harder and I roll to my side, facing the opened bay window. I watch the curtains flow upwards as the wind bustles its way into the warm room.

Being so caught up in my dream and in my career, I never stopped to think about others around me.

I never stopped to think about SoonHee, or even my parents.

I never asked to see how they were feeling. I never realized how my actions could affect others.

I never realized..

I was too caught up in the future, that I never stopped to think about what's happening in the present.

I roll over to face my other two hyungs who are currently sleeping in their own beds peacefully.

I never stopped to make sure they were okay. I never asked to see how they were feeling. I mean, I always ask them if they're doing okay physically, but I never asked them to see if they're okay emotionally.

My thoughts race to the days I had fun with all my members being on stage, and I feel my heart sting at the thought of never performing again.

I love to perform.

But I love my family (including SoonHee).

I... Need to visit them.

At least once..

I sigh as I watch Yoongi roll over, so that his back is facing towards me. I reach my hand towards him, as if he would somehow disappear right in front of me.

I love my members.

My members are also my family..

I'm not saying that whenever I love someone, that it automatically means they're part of my family.

No, what I'm saying is that people who I consider my family, are people that I cherish the most. People that I keep close to my heart. People that I would die for in a heartbeat.

Those are the people that I consider my family.

"I love you, Yoongi. I love you, Jimin. I love you, Taehyung. I love you, Namjoon. I love you, Jin. I love you, Hoseok", I mutter as I turn onto my back once again to face the ceiling.

"It's funny. That... I just now realized that I'm lucky. I'm so fricking lucky to have all of this. I'm lucky to have all of you by my side. I'm lucky to be with you all..." I say and my fists clench onto the blankets that are lying on top of me.

"I'm glad to have followed my dream... But... I need to stop, and just appreciate everything I have every once in awhile", I whisper to myself.

"Sometimes I think that it's hard to believe I have you guys with me and that all of this is some sort of dream... That I'm somehow sleeping through all of this and that this isn't even real", I say and I turn my head to see Yoongi inhale and exhale deeply, obviously still sleeping. "But I know it's not a dream, because I think I may have woken up. That I've woken up to a new me."

"Yah Jungkook, I know you're trying to be all touchy feely, and I get that, but can we talk about this in the morning? I'm trying to sleep", Yoongi says as he turns over to face me with those sleepy eyes of his. My eyes widen and Yoongi practically rolls out of bed to walk over to me. He sits down on my bed and I sit up to face him.