Chapter 1: Rouges

A/N: Before I start the second book of Fire and Ice I just want to thank my two friends Princesslil26 (Lydia) and laner1738 (Kaleb) for giving me ideas and being the main characters in this book. Thanks for those guys and here is the second book The Fire Palace. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 1: Rouges

Lydia's POV:

I don't remember ever hating a forest before but ever since Kaleb was kidnapped and taken to who knows where, I despised the forest. Too many trees. Too green. Sometimes too dark and other times too light!

There was a sudden burst of wind that blew my hair in front of my face and I brushed it away. "Hey Lydia..." Aiden said from behind me.

I turned to look at him and he pointed to the sky. "I know walking endlessly trough the forest is fun and all but we need to stop for the night."

I looked up and saw through the thick trees, the sun was sinking in the sky and night was coming. "Right... thanks for telling me." 

I sprouted wings out of my back and hovered above the ground. "I'm going to go find a place for us to sleep at. You go... do something."

Aiden walked in one direction and I flew up above the trees. The sinking sun cast a pink and orange glow through the sky. It reminded me of the sunset that was low in the sky when Kaleb and I were going to the Ice Palace.

I floated down onto a treetop and sat down. I sighed out loud and gazed off into the distance. I wasn't really knowing what I was looking at. I really thought it was a strange looking cloud but when my eyes focused I saw that it was smoke. 

"Smoke?" I whispered. I jumped off the tree and floated to the ground. When my feet touched the soft dirt, my wings disappeared and I whispered loudly, "Aiden! Where are you?!" After a moment he stepped out from the shadows.

I taught him how to do that. I taught him how to bend and create shadows around him to hide from enemies. "What is it Lydia? Did you find a place?" He said super loudly. I shushed him quickly then said, "I saw something when I was up there. Smoke... and smoke equals-" 

"People." Aiden finished. "There are people near here." I nodded. "Are we going to them?" He asked. I nodded again, grabbed his elbow, grew my wings, and took off into the air. 

Aiden's POV: 

I squinted a little so I could see farther ahead and Lydia wasn't lying. There was a trail of smoke in the air. When we got close enough, she dropped us on top of a tall tree. 

Now I'm not a baby and scared of height or anything but I got to tell you... that tree was HUGE! Lydia bent down and stared at the people below.

They were all gross looking, bald, and skinny. A couple were kinda bulky but most of them only had weapons that looked kinda stupid looking.

"Rouges." Lydia whispered under her breath. I looked over at her. "How do you know?" She shrugged. "I just know." 

I stared at her. "Do you really think that sentence would clear things up?" She laughed for a second then became serious again.

She looked at the men again then her eyes shifted a little to the left. "Who's that guy?"  She said while pointing at a guy about our age maybe a year younger ( maybe 15 or something ) tied up against a tree, gagged and everything.

"Wait a second." I said. "I think I know him. Before I came here I was hanging out with a friend named Bryce. I think... I think that's him." 

Lydia looked at me. "You have friends?" She laughed at her own joke but I just glared at her. "Not funny. Yes I have friends!"

She shook her head. "Whatever. Since you know him then we have to save him right?" I smirked. "Yep." Then I snapped my fingers and a purple ball that crackled and glowed appeared in my hand. "Let's do this." Then I jumped off the tree and the forest exploded with purple light.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. The next one will be a but longer! :D