Chapter 28: Finding the Sunrays!

Vote&comment to support! We love you!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The view outside the window of the limousine somehow did not help ease my tense. Our twenty-minute ride will soon be finished, and we'll reach the Fourgate Hotel.

The aforementioned ride was a very silent one, a very cold silent one, to be exact, just as you might expect a ride with the cold man of steel ─Mr. Ellington, to be.

The president was elegantly sitting on a couch alone, facing the bubblegum and me, one leg placed on the other, as he deliciously sipped a cup of very bitter boiling coffee, while still examining the document which he had been examining in the elevator.

Woah. I wonder how he can manage to appear just so calm before a meeting with the fourth richest company through London!

I sighed, and looked out of the window again.

If I lose in this meeting, I'll no longer be an employee of The Ellington Company.

I'll stop being his private secretary...

A sharp tug was felt at my heart, and tears welled up to my eyes. What's this? Why would I want to cry because I might not be his secretary anymore!

It must be because you're worried about your mom and Theo's futures without your current employment. My inner voice assured.

Yes, that must be it. I somehow agreed.

Then, a view outside the window caught my attention.

It was a young girl ─not older than four, giggling and smiling happily, as her father held her on his shoulder and was smiling back. Her mother was walking beside the two, also smiling ecstatically, with her left hand showing her wedding ring on her ring finger, while clutching on to her bag's handle.

A happy family ─I thought. It must be nice.

A whole different world of undying love and eternal bonds, that's what family meant to me. That's what I had always imagined it to be.

A wave of pain struck through my heart and senses, and tears cascaded down my face.

I kept turning towards the window, so that none of the two other occupants of the limousine notice my pathetic state.

I miss him. I need him. My father. I want my family back.

I eyed the happy family once more.

"President, we will arrive within two minutes, sir." The voice of the driver brought me back to earth, and I quickly wiped my tears, as I used my phone's screen like a mirror, while doing a very fast retouch just to hide my tear stains.

Emeralds Velton, meanwhile, had applied her pink, strong lipstick, and had taken a new gum ─for energy, maybe?  Geh,I don't know!

Mr. Ellington had put his coffee cup and the documents aside, making sure he tugged his expensive Iphone into his suit jacket as the car came to a stop.

The driver quickly descended from the car and came to open the doors for us.

The president was first to come out, of course, the ginger head was at his tracks, and then it was I who got out last, as the driver shut the door behind me.

We followed the president into the hotel, as people made way for him without really needing a signal or anything.

He entered the hotel without even glancing at the reception which in return simply gawked at him.