Chapter 65: New Year Folder

Read/Comment/Enjoy/Vote! Love♡
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I stretched my hands up in the air, as I gazed up, so high, at the height of the one and only Ellington Company before me.

The sun was bright ─although it was winter, and its light made me blink several times, although it was partially blocked by the height of the Ellington building.

"Unnnnn─Ahhhhh" I stretched lazily, but cheerfully, and giggled.

"Well, finally! I'm done with my cold!!"

And so, there were three days left for the New Year.

Actually, my cold barely lasted two days, the medicine which, umm... Mr. Ellington brought was really effective, and I quickly recovered.

And so I hereby was back!

"So, good morning, Ellington Company!" I cheered.

"Quite positive today, aren't we, service doggy?!" Jaden's voice made me jump in my place as he appeared behind me.

I laughed.

"You scared me, you idiot!" I kept my playful pout, "And yeah, I love this part of the year!"

Yeah, I actually enjoyed the Christmas-New Year time span through the year. Honestly, this part of the year felt really positive, and gave off a cheerful feeling!

Jaden chuckled, and eyed the busy city around us. Everybody was in a hurry and energetic mode. Well, holidays are on doors, so naturally!

"Well, yeah, it's actually a beautiful time of the year." he smiled at himself, "It's a new beginning for many."

I blinked, and eyed nothing in particularly.

"A new beginning," I muttered, "I wonder how the upcoming year will begin with me."

He chuckled.

"Let's hope it's a good new thing! And come on, let's not be late!"

I smiled at him, "Yeah, let's go!"

As I headed through the wide door of the company, my thoughts wandered to the upcoming few days.

Something new.

Will this year hold something new for me?

I wonder.

***************

I reached my office, as I breathed, and entered.

Phew! I have so much work for the da─

My thoughts were cut off by the scene before me.

My jaw almost dropped.

"Should I head to your desk and sit there in return?" I blurted, a bit surprised, and a bit sarcastic.

He didn't even look at me.

Rickard Ellington Conway sat over my chair, behind my desk, and in my office.

His sea-blue orbs glowed with electric intensity as the light of the desktop of the screen.

I almost screamed a warning for my desktop screen: Watch out, his eyes might make you explode!

The focus he was putting into the screen was amazing. He's truthfully talented at intensifying his gaze ten folds harder.

I came a bit closer to the desk, as I placed my bag on the guest chair before the desk.