chapter five

When the bell finally rang for class to be over I picked up all my stuff and took off out the door. "Oh come on Haley, don't be like that. Talk to me." I heard Thayer walking behind me. After I had enough of his constant begging I stopped and turned around. "Why exactly should I talk to you?" "I'm pretty sure you know why you should talk to me, Haley." I shook my head and said, "Not right now." Then I walked away.

______

After a couple more classes it was finally time for lunch. "So, Hales, hows first day as a senior going?" Kat asked leaning up against the locker beside mine. "Do you have to ask? Guess who is in my first period class." I gave her a fake smile then we walked towards the cafeteria.

We got our food then walked outside to sit in our usual place with the rest of our friends. "Hello ladies, hows the first day going?", our friend Nate said sitting down beside Kat. "Fine." I said a little too fast, Kat is the only one I told about my man whore of a mate. "Thats good, I guess." I nodded my head and continued eating my food. A little later in the conversation Kat looks at me and mouths, "Incoming." I mouthed back, "Wha-." But was cut off by Thayer sitting down beside me and saying, "Excuse me, Haley can I talk to you for a minute?" "Tha-." I replied back but once again was cut off by Thayer, "It's important." I rolled my eyes and looked at Kat who shook her head no. "Just give me five minutes Haley." Thayer begged and I sighed, "Fine. Five minutes."

I got up and walked away with Thayer. "Where exactly are you taking me?" I asked. "Somewhere a little more private." We continued walking until we got to his car. "I'm not going anywhere with you." "Just get in the car. You can hold the keys if it makes you feel any better." I sighed and stuck my hand out and he smiled then handed me his keys. He opened the passenger door and I climbed inside. He walked around and climbed in the other side. "You better make it fast, down to about two minutes."

"Haley, you need to listen to me. In about a week you are going to go into heat. It is going to be painful, your wolf is going to go insane in search for her mate and every unmatted male wolf is going to be after you, unless you let me claim you." He said giving me the most serious look I've ever seen in my life.

"You're seriously going to think I am going to let you bribe me into claiming me? If you really cared you would just reject me and get it over with where we can both be happy." "I am not going to reject you and you are not going to reject me, why are you being so stubborn about this?"

"Do you not think I saw your little friend leaving this morning. Nothing has changed and I am not going to deal with that. So leave me alone and by the way I am pretty sure your time is up." I threw his keys at him then got out of the car and ran back to lunch.