chapter twelve

The next morning I woke up about 6 throwing up. Thayer held my hair and snuck downstairs to get me some tea.

"You okay sis?" I heard behind me. "Yeah Clay, it's just a little bug go back to sleep." I told him hopefully loud enough that Thayer could hear me and know not to come in.

"Here you - oh um hey Clay." Thayer said walking into the bathroom. "What the hell are you doing in my sisters room at 6 in the morning?" Clay asked Thayer. "Clay be quiet your going to wake mom and dad." I told him standing up. "Maybe I should wake them. I'm going to ask this one more time. Haley why is he here?"

I looked at Thayer and rolled my eyes. "Clay, you have to promise not to freak out."
"Yeah I'll get right on that Hales. Tell me what's going on."

"We're mates Clay." Thayer finally told him. "There's no way, why haven't you told anyone. She's been 18 for months now."

"We didn't want to be mates Clay. But we couldn't stay away from each other." I told him. "What do you mean you couldn't stay away from each other?" He asked. "Don't ask things you don't want the answer to, man." Thayer said, before I gave him the shut up look. "So what your saying is you've had sex with my little sister, who you practically helped raise?" Clay asked. Neither of us said anything. "Answer me." Clay said, taking a step closer to Thayer. "Clay stop."

"Why do you care, you said y'all didn't want to be mates anyways." Clay said taking another step closer and pushing Thayer on the ground. "Clay stop! Don't hurt him." I started yelling, while Clay continued to punch Thayer, who wasn't really fighting back. "Clay stop it." I said trying to get him off of Thayer. "Why does it matter if I hurt him? He doesn't want to be your mate anyways. Seems like I'm doing you a favor."

"Your not Clay." I said, through my tears. "How not, Haley?" "Because I'm pregnant, Clay."

"Your what!?" He yelled standing up and leaving Thayer lying on the floor. Thayer got up and walked around to me, grabbing my hand. "She's pregnant, Clay."

"Ho-how, um. How long have you known?" He asked me, seeming to calm down. "I've been sick lately, so Thayer made me go see the doctor yesterday and he told us. I'm about a month along and the baby is most likely an Alpha so I'm due in about 5 months." I told him.
"Who all knows?"
"Just us and the doctor." Thayer said. "We were planning to tell you and mom and dad today but..." I said laughing a little. "But your puking woke me." He said and we all laughed. "Soo I'm going to be an uncle." He said, smiling. "Yeah, Clay, your going to be an uncle." I said smiling back.

____
Thayer went home and I went back to sleep for about another hour. This time when I woke up I felt much better. We decided that Thayer would come over later and we would tell my parents.

I took a shower and got dressed and then spent most of the day hanging around the house and watching movies with Clay. Around 5 the door bell rang. "Clay, would you get the door please?" My mom yelled from the kitchen. We went downstairs and Clay got the door. A couple moments later Clay walked in followed by Thayer. Mom invited him to eat dinner, so we did and afterwards went into the living room to sit around and watch TV. I sat in between Thayer and Clay. "Hey mom and dad there's something really important we need to tell you." I said and dad turned the TV down. "Okay, honey, what is it?" He asked.

"Well first of all, I've found my mate." I said and their eyes widen with surprise. "Congratulations baby, who's the lucky man?" My mom asked. "That would be me, ma'am." Thayer said, scooting closer to me and holding my hand. "Oh my God, how long have you known?" My father asked. "Since my birthday." I said, which earned a gasp from both of them. "But, that's not all we need to tell you." I told them and they both looked at me worriedly. "Yesterday, Thayer and I found out that we are going to have a baby." "What!?" My father yelled, while my mothers face lit up and she walked over to sit by me. "She's pregnant, sir." Thayer said. "How far along are you?" My mom asked. "I'm almost a month, but we think it's an alpha, so I should be due in about 5 months."
____
After a long discussion about the baby and explaining to my parents everything that had happened in the past few months, much to my surprise they weren't mad but actually excited about their first grandchild being born. They decided to let Thayer stay over for the night, since we were mates, he's the alpha, and I'm already pregnant.

The next morning I woke up throwing up once again, and after a little while I finally stopped. Thayer called his mom and told her he had big news and would be stopping by later today. His parents didn't live in the pack house anymore since his father retired from his position as Alpha and left Thayer to take his place.

We got dressed and after lunch went over to Thayer's parents house. His father answered the door. "Nice of you to visit, son." His father said shaking his hand. "Whose the lovely lady you have with you?" He asked winking at me, and sticking out his hand for me to shake. "This is Haley, dad." He said, introducing me to his father. We walked inside and had the same little conversation with his mother. We all went and sat down in the living room. "So what's this exciting news you have for us son?" His mother asked. "Well, Haley is my mate." He said, earning proud looks from both of his parents, "and we are expecting your first grandchild."

"Congratulations honey!" His mom yelled, jumping up and walking to sit in the chair beside us. "Are you showing yet?" She asked me. "Yes ma'am, I am actually. Not very much though." I told her, leaning back on the couch and placing my hands on my small belly, that you could see a pretty good bit more that two days ago. "Do you mind?" She asked, about to place her hand on my belly. "Um, no ma'am." I asked, thinking about it for a second. I had just met this lady and she wanted to touch my belly, but this her first grandchild. She smiled at me then placed her hand on my belly. "Reminds me of when I was pregnant with Thayer. How far along are you?"

"I'm about a month." I told her. "Your showing pretty well to only be a month, he's got to be an alpha." She said smiling.

"What's going on in here?" I hear a woman's voice say coming from the living room door.

"Well hello Lidia."