chapter eleven

"Excuse me sir, I think I misunderstood you. She's what?" Thayer asked, the look on his face just as shocked as mine. "She's pregnant, alpha." The doctor said again," she appears to be about a month along. Assuming this baby is of alpha blood, sir."

"But I can't be pregnant. I'm only 18, just think of what everyone's going to say about this. Thayer you haven't even claimed me."

"I'll claim you then, and no one will find out about this until after." Thayer said, trying to reassure me by grabbing my hand.

"I try my hardest to stay out of these things, but as a doctor I have to tell you if this baby is of alpha blood, it will most likely be an alpha. You'll only be pregnant for about 5 more months and you should start showing within the next week or so, there really is no way to hide it." The doctor said then wrote me a prescription for prenatal vitamins and left.

"What are we going to do?" I asked. "I don't know, he's right if it's an alpha we can't hide it. We never should have done this whole benefits thing. This never would have happened. It was just a big mistake." Thayer said, pacing around the room.

"No, don't say that. No matter what anyone says this baby is still ours. You may not feel anything for me, but this baby is part of both of us and I can't help but be happy about this. I love this baby, and I love you."

"I love you too."

______
We went back to the pack house, and laid down on his bed watching movies, no one really talking about what went on earlier. "Thayer?" I asked him. "Yeah?" He replied while I grabbed his hand and placed it on my belly, putting mine on top of his. "We're going to have to talk about this sometime."

"What's there to talk about, besides we're having a baby." I asked pulling his hand away and sitting up on the bed, which bothered me. "Exactly Thayer, we're having a baby. We can't just pretend it isn't happening. You heard the doctor. I'll be showing any day now."

"I know, Haley." He said, rolling his eyes. "We have to tell people." I told him, grabbing his hand again. He didn't answer. "Thayer."

He looked at me with those beautiful eyes, that were full of fear. "Please talk to me. I'm scared too. I'm the one that's pregnant. I'm the one that's carrying the baby for 6 months. I'm the one that's going to give birth here. So please for just a second try and comfort me about this."

"What do you want me to say?" He asked. "I don't know, how about you tell me how exactly we're going to tell people about this."

"I don't know." He answered. "Well when you do know, how about coming and telling me." I asked them got up, gathered all of my things, and went home.

_______
When I got home I took a long hot bath to help calm my nerves. I got out after a while and put on my bra and underwear and walked to my body mirror. I turned sideways and started looking at my belly, which had grown a little in the past few weeks, but if you didn't know you'd probably think I'd just gained a little weight.

"What exactly are you doing?" I hear someone say from behind me. I turn to see Thayer laying down on my bed. He gets up and walks up behind me. He places his hands on my barely there baby belly. "Your right. I'm sorry. We've got to talk about all of this. Starting with telling people."

"We need to tell our parents first. And my brother." I tell him, placing my hands over his only belly.

"Oh God, Clay. He's going to kill me." He said, turning around and placing his face in his hands. "Does he even know about us being mates?" I asked walking to my closet to find something to wear. "No he doesn't."

"I won't let him kill you." I laughed laying down on my bed and pulling back the covers for Thayer to climb in. "Well that's babe." Thayer laughed then rolled over on top of me and began kissing my neck.

"I want to mark you." He said stopping for a moment and looking at me. "Please." I begged him and then the next thing I knew his canine teeth sank into my neck and the most intense feeling of pleasure I've felt in my life ran through me.