chapter six

I haven't talked to Thayer in almost a week. It has been nice not having him or my brother following me around 24/7. I haven't really seen either of them very much especially since Thayer has skipped class almost every day since then.

I woke up early and decided to dress nice today. I wore a black romper with some black wedges and curled my hair.

I walked into class and sat down waiting for the roll to be called. Thayer once again wasn't here.  The teacher called my name, and I said here. And just my luck right when Thayer's name was called the door slammed open to the perfect alpha himself. "Sorry I'm late sir." He said walking to take his seat behind me.

We opened our books and began doing the work that was on the board. At least, I tried doing the work that was on the board. "You should be wearing more clothes than that." Thayer said from behind me, "Your about to get your heat. I can feel it. You need to go home." Thayer kept saying until finally I turned around and said," And who are you to tell me what I can and can't wear and when I can and can't go to school. You may be my mate but your a sorry excuse of one."

"Fine, don't listen to me." Thayer said when I turned around and started back doing my work. About half way through class I started getting really hot, despite the very little clothing I was wearing. It felt like I was burning from the inside out, that is until Thayer put his hand on my back. "Get up now or I'll carry you out myself." He said, but I guess I took to long before getting up because the next thing I know he snatches me out of my desk and runs out the door.

________________________
He puts me in his truck and slams the door, then gets in the driver seat. "Buckle up." He tells me before cranking up the car. I don't move, I was in too much pain. "Haley, did you not hear what I said?"

I just looked at him as tears started pouring out of my eyes. "Ugh, hold on." He said getting out of the truck and coming around to buckle me in. "I told you this was going to happen, I told you you'd need me, but you wouldn't listen."