6

My breath caught in my throat as my mom's eyes filled with tears. I handed Ragnar the car seat and hugged my mother. We both stood in the doorway holding each other and crying. Finally we got ourselves inside and we sat down. She called my father in and we started again.

"Sweetheart, we've missed you so much." My mom said as we sat back down.

"I've missed you too. Things have been so hard lately, I wish I could've called you." I explained everything up until David and Daisy.

"Baby, I'm so sorry...wait, who's this?" Mom asked, pointing to the car seat. I smiled as I brought it to me.

"Now, about five months ago, I was brought to live with this Delfunie. A very powerful one and he wanted one thing from me." Before I continued, I unbuckled my son and showed him to my parents. "Mom, dad. This is Jax. My son. He's half Delfunie." They were speechless. I was waiting for it. the outbursts, the yelling to get out of their house.

"You...your son is part Delfunie? One of those monsters got you pregnant?" I nodded. I looked back at Ragnar and he gave me a small smile. "I mean he's adorable. At least he looks human. Hi, Jax. I'm your grandma." I was shocked my mom was playing with Jax. Dad didn't seem so happy.

"Mom, dad this is Ragnar. He is the one who saved us from that Delfunie. He got us out of that house and made sure we were safe." The all shook hands and said hello. They welcomed my son with open arms and I was just happy to be home. He started getting fussy and Ragnar took him so I could sit with my parents.

"Has he take over as that little boy's father?" Mom asked. I smiled.

"No, more like the cool uncle."

"But you two are seeing each other?" I nodded. "Then he needs to adopt that boy." I already knew that but I was no longer pushing this battle. It was up to Ragnar and I respect that now.

"It's a long story, mama. But for now, I'm leaving it alone. There is one thing we need to talk about, though. When Daisy was born, I thought she had died but that wasn't the case. I have recently found out that that was not the case at all. All babies born after the invasion died but they became a different kind of Delfunie. She's...she's in the van." I explained. Mom turned pale and dad chocked on his coffee.

"You travel with one? Mavis, you cant. No, she'll..."

"Mama, she's different from the others. I mean, she's a Delfunie but shows compassion and remorse. Believe me, she's not like the others. Besides, she's all I have left of David." Mom seemed to be thinking it over and dad just looked angry.

"Can we meet her?"

After my parents met Essy, they loved her. We sat and ate lunch, even the guys were invited in. Once lunch was over, we just played cards and basically just hung out. I couldn't believe how much I missed my parents over the last six years. Now that I have them back, things were a million times better.

But they refused to come with us. They didn't want to leave their home, their town, everything they know and love on what they called a pipe dream.

"Sorry sweetie, but we're not leaving." I nodded and decided to spend the day with them. I may never see them again and I wanted to stay with them as long as possible.

"You guys eat dinner, have a hot shower, and we will set you up for the night." Mom said.

"But what about your Delfunie? Don't you have one living here?"

"No, our townspeople were quick to make laws as soon as the invasion started. There are no Delfunie here." Awesome, things were working out for us today.  I was put in my old room and Jax slept in the bed with Ragnar and me, Ross and Lily stayed in the guest room, Alex and Maia got my sister's room, and Richard got the couch. Ragnar made a bed for Essy on my floor so she was close by.