Prologue

Derek's POV--

I press my paws against the ground as I wait for it. The snow cold, but not as cold as my human form would be.

In less than 3, me, and the two by my side run fourth. We hear our pitter patter on the soft ground. We SMELL the cool fresh air. We dodge trees, and rocks, and jump fallen trees.

The heard in the open field start to run once noticing our presence. 'Drake, go left and catch them off guard' I mind link him. My left wolf splits us. I turn to my right. 'Milena, go right and block the escape' I command her as well.

I run fourth as she turns. In my position, I should buck a few. In less than a minute, I jumped two bucks, and three does. I come up close on a weak and slow baby deer.

Before I jump it, I feel a force hit me. I slide in the snow with a whimper, as Drake and Milena turn to me and run back. The mother doe decided to fight back. 'Are you okay?' Milena mind links me.

'Fine, but this momma obviously won't go without a fight' I snicker. My eyes flick from silver to blue, hunter level. Me and the doe circle. 'Get the baby' I mind link Drake. 'Got it Derek' he tells me running as fast as he can to the woods.

'Milena you there?' I ask her. 'I'm here' she responds as I snap at it. It hoofs the snow like a bull and yells at me in its noise. 'Distract her while I go for the neck' I tell her. 'Gotcha' she responds.

Before I know it, Milena joins our circle, confusing the deer. It turns to me and she jumps it from the back. The doe head butts her and she's slid back, I go fourth but she's not going down and instead, I'm thrown back.

Drake comes out, holding the baby deer by the bleeding neck.
He seems happy about it too.

'NOW' I shout at Milena as the doe now angry charges for Drake. Me and Milena run to circle her from afar and we slide to a turn and run to her side before I jump her and bite the neck and Milena, her claws in her stomach. She squirms a bit until I sink my teeth into a main vessel and she's down.

'Good job guys...' I mind link them resting. I lick the blood from my teeth as we watch our victory. 'That was harsh...' Drake links me. 'Tell me about it, this lunch had BETTER be worth it!' I link. Milena laughs and we call up some more pack hunters.

We get help dragging back the food for our pack. Large deer.

• • •

Once back at the wolf pack house, I take off the white shirt I spilled deer juice on when eating dinner. I decided not to shower. There's a knock on the door at random.

"Come In" I say, like an Emo. I didn't want company at the time. Then, my brother opens the door. I take a short glance at my tattoo.

It was only for the upcoming leaders of the pack. I got confused of why it was on me. The wolf symbol alpha, howling at the moon. Either my father has reigned... Or- "Derek! FATHER WAS KILLED BY A ROGUE WOLF FROM THE TYLAN-CLAN!!" He yells at me.

I hop up and grab his shirt collar tightly. "ARE YOU LYING TO ME RIGHT NOW?" I ask. I didn't need a waste of time. The force cracked the wall a bit.

"No man!!" He yells at me. I hear his heart beating faster and faster. When I look down at his clothes, he had blood sprayed on him.
"If this is another one of your pranks-", "Its not! Come quick! I already sent some fighters over to where the killers went!" He informs me. I nod.

"Which way?" I ask him. "Dad?" He asks, rubbing his hands through his dirt brown hair not knowing what to do. "He's on Northern Territory!!" He yells.

Once outside, I rip free of the human body and morph to my wolf form. I'm being followed by my brother Saske.

|Pronounced ~ S- ah- s- kay|

Once I reach the forest, it starts to snow. Lightly. I see father and his wolf bane blood from the feet I was away, to his morphed body. I change human. And felt his fur. He was dead, for there was no heartbeat, no pulse.

It appeared his heart had been ripped from his chest anyway. And some was on the snow and trees spread.

And a message: Your Next,
Alpha... ~ J

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get some sleep. In the morning, I was to be coronated Alpha of the XavenLeng Clan. Then, we could work out what to do about father. I funeral to be in place, and the man who killed him, and sent the threatening letter to us... Tortured... And punished to the hands of DEATH.
_______________________

A/N: Enjoying the story so far?? Comment what you think! Next chapter soon!!

✌🏼️ ✌🏼 ✌🏼