Flowing

6 months later.
It had all been quiet since Tricity had betrayed us. We took it pretty hard but, eventually we got over it. We had looked for months for Tricity and Krissie but they had left the base. After they hadn't attacked us for months. We kinda gave up looking but, we didn't let our guard down.
It was a beautiful June morning and I had promised to meet Pine at the cliffs.
I pulled on a pair of jeans and a tank top and headed for the cliffs.

"So, I was thinking..." Pine started.
"Oh, well, that usually leads to trouble." I said before he could finish.
"No, but seriously. I was thinking, we haven't seen or heard from Tricity or Krissie in the longest time."
"Yeah, but they're still out there and their still going to come after us. They didn't just quit."
"For all we know they might be dead." He said.
"I'm not quite sure how I feel about that." I said quietly.
"I am. I would be happy."
"You don't mean that, Pine."
"Yes, I do! Lina I can never forgive her for what she did to you!"
"But, she was like a mother to you and Krissie was like your sister."
"That was a long time ago. I would have cared then but, now.... I don't."
I was silent. I didn't believe him. Whether he liked it or not, he loved them once and love doesn't die so easily.
"Anyway, what I was thinking was, I love you."
"Well, I hope so! You asked me to marry you!" I laughed. I reached over and took a sip of my water bottle.
"That's exactly my point. Lina, will you marry me now?"
I choked a little bit on my water.
"Now? As in this moment now?" I asked.
"No, like two weeks from now."
"Your-" I started.
"Birthday. Yeah." He laughed. "What do you say?"
"Yes. Pine I would love that so much." I hugged him.
"We should probably tell Breeze and you said River already found out?"
"Yeah, so, you tell Breeze?"
"Yep."
"Well then, I guess everything's settled."
"I guess so."

"Are you sure about this, Tricity?" Krissie whispered through the leaves that were concealing them.
"Yes, I'm sure. With River's power we could be able to kill Lina before she becomes an even bigger threat to us."

River walked outside into the area surrounding the compound.
She sat on the side of the river with her feet in the water. She heard the rustling of the leaves.
"Pine? Lina?" She called into the forest. "Not funny, guys!"
The rustling stopped.
"Probably just an animal." She reassured herself.
"Oh, that's not very nice." A voice said from behind her. She turned quickly only to be jumped on from behind.
They blindfolded her and attempted to gag her. Just before they were able to, she let out a terrible scream. One that was heard at the cliffs and inside the compound.

I was sitting with Pine at the cliffs when I heard a blood curdling scream. I recognized it immediately.
"River!"
Pine and I ran down the steps to the open area in front of the compound.
We got there just as Breeze was running out the compound.
"River!"
"River!"
I searched around the area. I was looking around when i saw patches of grass torn up and branches of trees and twigs were broken creating a path.
"Oh, God. Pine! Breeze!"
I was almost to tears. Pine and Breeze ran over to me.
"They took her! They took River!"