Storm

"Focus Scorch."
Tricity's calmness was messing me up.
"I'm trying!"
"Try harder."
I focused all my energy on my palm and flicked my wrist. I sent a whirling ball of fire at the target at the end of the room. It burned a whole right through the middle of the target. I felt a burst of pride soon to be extinguished by...
"I said disable only!"
"I can't exactly control the amount of power yet."
"Then that is something you should think of before you fire at a civilian."
Tricity began to walk off.
"We never kill them. They may take our lives, but we never kill them. Once we do, we are no better than them."
With that, she turned and left. I stormed out. It was late and I was done with her lectures. I went to the cliff and sat for a while till the sun started to sink low in the sky and the clouds started to get darker. Then I heard it. Thunder. I felt the freezing rain on my shoulder. No. Water. I'm fire. It will kill me.
I took off in a full sprint down the path each drop of rain making me weaker until I was clutching the side off the mountain for balance. I was slowing down and soon fell hitting the rocks below me splitting open my eyebrow. I rolled over and watched the rain.
"No....this isn't the end. Not after everything that just happened...." I whimpered to myself.
I heaved myself up and, using all the energy I could muster, broke into a moderate sprint. My vision blurring, I could barely see the door. I'm safe.
I take off running towards the door but suddenly I am thrown off the ground over the cliff down to the river at the bottom of the cavern. I'm underwater. The last thing I see is a figure standing on the edge of the cliff watching me sink and flow down the river. They turn and leave. I can see my hair turn from its vibrant red, orange, and yellow to a dull ash color. The world around me is fading when the water around me shifts. The water around me falls away and I'm back on the edge of the cliff. I hear a voice so distant and can barely feel two small hands press my shoulders.
"Lina...." I heard softly.
"River...." I gasped.
"It's ok I got you." She said. She sounded like she was miles away.
"Are you alright?" She asked.
"NO!" I sobbed. "He...she...IT came after me! It...it..." I fainted.
"Lina? Lina!....." She shook me.
"PINE!" River screamed.
"Everything's gonna be okay... Krissie." She whispered.
Who was Krissie?
I heard two more sets of running footsteps. I opened my eyes and, through my blurry vision, saw Pine over me. He pulled me into his arms
"what happened Lina?" He said shakily.
"I....I got mad and...and....I went outside and it started to rain so...so...I ran back and...I was almost at the door, when..." I said so quiet Pine had to bring my head closer to him.
"When what?" Pine said.
"When they threw me over the edge." I whispered.
"Who? Lina, who!"
"I don't know I couldn't see their face."
Pine looked worriedly down at me. Honestly, I must look terrible. He placed his hand on my cheek and I felt energy burst back into me. I could also see green...I don't know...sparkles I guess under his hand. The same kind as when he healed the tree I burned. That was months ago.
I could see the vibrant colors returning to my hair and I felt warm inside again.
"You want to stand up?" He asked. I nodded.
He helped me up and we all walked silently home. As soon as we got to the door Pine said...
"Breeze, River, call a meeting with Tricity. If someone is targeting us, she needs to know. I'm taking Scorch to the infirmary." And with that, we left for the infirmary and they left to get Tricity.
I am not in the mood to talk to Tricity right now.
Since I joined, she has been what I assume a mother figure would be like. Including all of the periods of arguments and disagreements. Still, she is the closest thing I have to a mother so, I respect her during these times.
Though, in my defense, I wouldn't have been outside if she had just listened to me and hadn't pushed me away.

I sat on the same metal table as the first time I woke up in the compound. It had become home to me but, I haven't had to come back here yet. Pine looked blankly at my scans.(it's like just a medical exam taken by a computer) He said nothing.
"What is it?" I said.
"Nice concussion." He answered. "Now let's deal with that." He said pointing at my eyebrow.
I reached up and pressed my hand to the cut. It burned and I winced.
He took my hand and placed it down on my lap, while he bandaged my cut.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing you need to worry about yet."
I looked down. Thinking I did something to make him mad. He took my hands.
"You now I was worried about you." He said quietly.
I looked into his green eyes.
"Pine, I-"
Before I could finish he kissed me softly. After I realized what was going on, I kissed him back. He pulled away from me slowly and rested his forehead against mine.
"What?" He whispered.
"I love you." I answered. We hugged and I never wanted it to end but, we had to go meet Tricity. He helped me up and we walked hand in hand down to the conference room.

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote if you like my story. I would love to see that people are enjoying it! C u guys later. ~Mady