Broken

"NO!" I shot up.
I coughed over the edge of...the metal table...
I looked around. The metal table in the lab.
I'm home.
I heaved myself up and ran out of the room. I couldn't help myself. I probably looked like a chicken with its head cut off.
I screamed for Pine, for River, anyone. My face was red and I was sobbing. I turned the corner and saw them. Everyone had run around the other corner at the end of the hall after they heard me.
"PINE!"
I ran towards them and they ran towards me.
I jumped into Pine's arms and felt the rest of my team all around me. I pulled away.
"You're...you're real! You're all real!" I sobbed.
Pine pulled me into a hug.
"Shh....we're real...we're real...shh..."
Pine let go and I turned to River. She was crying to. We hugged each other tightly. It kinda hurt since I was still beaten up but, I had no idea how long it had been since that happened.
"You're okay." She whispered.
"Hey, Sparkles."
"Breeze." I smiled. I hugged him to.
He turned away from me and coughed violently. River went over and put her hand on his shoulder.
"What happened?"
"Oh nothing, just a bit of air poison. A small price to pay to get you back."
I frowned.
"Well, I mean, you've totally ruined my dreams of being a pop star!" He joked.
This got a giggle out of me.
"Krissie..." I said.
"What?!" They all said.
"She's alive and she did this!"
They all looked at me in terror.
Tricity walked around the corner too.
"You're awake." She said. "You scared us there for a second."
We smiled at each other then, she hugged me. I hugged her back.
"I'm sorry to rush you into this but, we have to talk."

We sat in the conference room in our assigned chairs. We were silent. What was there to say? I couldn't exactly start up a friendly conversation after supposedly dying in front of them. I had seen what I looked like now and I hated it. I felt weak but, not as weak as Pine looked. And River. And Breeze.
I had just noticed how much older they looked. They looked like they were tortured more than I was. I looked at Pine.
Just then, the words from my dream echoed through my head.
"You weaken me..." I looked away from Pine.
Whenever I looked at one of my teammates, I remembered what they said in my dream.
I couldn't take it anymore. I shot up out of my chair.
"Tricity isn't here. I'm going to bed." I spat out.
Pine got up and touched my arm. He looked me in the eyes.
"I'm fine for tonight..." I mumbled. He nodded and sat back down.
I walked out quickly.
We have to get through this soon or the world itself is doomed. I just need time. Maybe.
I am beaten. I am broken.

"You were supposed to kill her!" Tricity screamed.
"Look, I thought I did but, her powers are stronger than I thought! When I gave her the hallucination serum, I didn't know her emotions would make her powers burst like that. I barely survived! But, I still got her powers!"
Krissie held up a vile full of a liquid that looked like lava.
"Well, at least you got that! Give it to me!"
"What? No! It's mine." Krissie screamed.
"You already have the element of fire. It won't do anything!"
"It will make my powers stronger and I already know how to use them. You would have to train!"
"They know about you now! They'll be coming after you and they'll take back Lina's powers! Plus you owe me. I
I helped you fake your death, trained you, and soon we will have saved the world from its biggest threat."
Krissie was silent but, reluctantly put the vile in Tricity's hand. She studied the vile then threw it to the ground. It smashed and its contents splattered on the floor like water.
"What did you do?!" Krissie screamed.
Tricity grabbed her throat.
"You don't think I know the real power when I see it!" She spat out. Krissie's eyes got wide with fear.
"If it was real, that would have burnt through the floor!" Tricity screamed. She reached into Krissie's pocket and pulled out a vile identical to the one she had just smashed. She released Krissie's throat. Krissie fell to the floor and coughed.
Tricity looked at it then injected it into her arm. Her veins turned red as the power pumped through the her arms her hair turned to a fiery red then back to silver. Her eyes glowed red.
"Now as I was saying, soon we will have saved the world from its biggest threat....
The Elementals!"