Justice

Running. Just running faster and faster until I finally got there. I could see red and blue flashing lights surrounding the bank. I was dark by the time I got there.
Obviously I couldn't just walk through the front door so, using the tactics I learned from my team, I found a way up to the roof and through the the top window.
As I worked my way through the bank, I could hear two men talking to each other then yelling at a hostage. A young female voice answered.
"Please, I told you! I don't know the code!"
I recognized the voice but, had never heard it scream before. Margery.
"I'm running out of patience." A man said to her.
"Please!" she screamed.
Then I saw them hit her. Even harder then she had hit me. Her eye blackened and her nose was bleeding. She was sobbing.
I started to think why I should save her. She's getting a taste of her own medicine. However, that's what makes me different from her. I'm going to help her. Just then I heard the loaded snap of a gun. They're going to kill her.
I ran toward the men just as they were about to shoot. I punched the gun out of one of the men's hands and easily beat him to the ground. I threw him towards the other man, disabling them both, and giving me just enough time to get the doors open and get all the hostages out except... Margery.
I turned around and grabbed the injured Margery and made my way for the door.
Bang.
I heard it but I was too determined.
Bang.
This time I felt it.
Bang.
It burned but I was so close.
Bang.
This time I fell. My mask slipped off my face.
Just as I did I saw Breeze, River, Tricity, and Pine.
They were too late.
To my surprise Margery ran back to me. She wasn't hurt.
She turned me over from my stomach.
Before she could see my face, Breeze grabbed her and they ran outside.
I could see Pine and Tricity fighting the two men. They subdued them easily.
What a weird feeling. I was wet all over but, the energy wasn't drained out of me as if I had made contact with water like I usually do. In fact all my senses were heightened and I could feel everything and...ugh...it hurts.
I felt around and tried to analyze my own wounds. Four bullet wounds.
One in the shoulder,
One in the stomach,
One in my right arm,
And one in my upper left thigh.
None were fatal as far as I could tell but, I was losing blood. Too much blood. I was getting a little dizzy but, I've been hurt enough. Honestly, this is nothing. I heaved to my feet groaning. Clutching to the nearest wall for stability.
I felt hands on my back and something covering my face. Arms slipped underneath my legs and behind my shoulders. I kinda just assumed it was Pine. I looked and saw Tricity talking to Pine but, I couldn't hear them.
I'm really tired.
River turned to Breeze. They all exchanged looks and we left the way I first came in.
So tired.
I could see over Pine's shoulder that the police were running in after us. We slipped away before they saw us but, I could see them taking the two beaten criminals out of the building.
They ran for a really long time. I was wide awake in Pine's arms, trying not to make a sound. He had been carrying me a while and I felt bad.
"I...I can walk..." I mumbled, my voice scratchy.
"No, you can't." Pine answered seriously. He was mad. I wasn't completely sure what about but I didn't exactly want to ask.
Soon, I felt the energy leaving me like a deflated balloon almost. I could feel my grip loosening on his shoulder and I saw my hand fall.
"Lina, hold on!" Pine pleaded.
I wanted to but, I was just so tired.
My eyes closed and I fell asleep.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I would love to see if you guys like it:3 vote and follow me!
C u later<3 ~Mady