Thirty-Eight

It had been over 3 weeks. Suga still hadn't returned. Not even once. Jungkook was gone almost everyday, but he was visibly happier. And a few times he asked if she could fix him lunch. She complied contentedly. At least he was happy, whatever he was doing. Jin seemed troubled, but relaxed. He was often around during the day, sleeping. But at night he was gone. Jimin was the opposite. There every night, but gone during the day. J-Hope left right about 4 everyday and didn't get home until late. There was always a time of day when Nari was left alone with Rapmon. Rapmon usually avoided her and they didn't talk. He didn't seem to want to talk to her. She couldn't blame him, but he didn't have to be so cold. She missed Suga desperately. She felt like she had lost him. He was barely there, and when he was there, he wasn't really there at all. She didn't know what to do. If they could just talk maybe they could figure this out. She clenched her fists and fiddled with her necklace. What was she going to do with him?

Rapmon came out into the living room and stopped when he saw her.

"I don't bite." She sighed. He nodded stiffly and sat on the other side of the couch.

"You think he's gonna come back?" She asked tiredly.

"I don't know." He mumbled.

"I hope so." She sighed and looked over at Rapmon. He nodded stiffly again and pointedly avoided her eyes.

"Stop acting like I don't exist!" She snapped.

"What am I supposed to do? Pretend it never happened?" He yelled.

"No! You grow up and be nice." She argued.

"It's easier for you because you're not the one who kissed your best friend's girlfriend." He muttered.

"I'm not a lesbian." She scoffed.

"You know what I meant." He grumbled.

"Can we at least be friends?" She sighed. He was silent for a long time.

"Of course." He submitted. She smiled,

"That wasn't so hard was it?"

"Whatever." He mumbled. She stood and walked over to him.

"Can I have a hug?" She asked. He looked up at her with contempt,

"You're just doing this to torture me."

"No. I'm doing it because I need a friend." She murmured. He nodded and stood. She hugged him tightly and he hugged her back, burying his nose in her hair. After a while she pulled away. He looked down at her with so much love in his eyes. More love and care than Suga had shown in a very long time. She gulped and continued to look up at him. He put his fingers under her chin hesitantly and pushed her face up to his. He pressed his lips down on hers and pulled her close. She closed her eyes and tried to fall into the kiss. But she couldn't do it because of two things. One, he wasn't Suga. Two, the door opened.

He thundered up the steps to the apartment. Tadashi had convinced him to at least tell Nari. She deserved to know. He hadn't had the courage before, but he knew she loved him and he loved her. So, they'd be able to work it out. He just needed to build up the courage and the resolve. He took a deep breath before he entered the apartment. They were going to fight, but after that they'd be able to figure things out. He opened the door and rushed into the apartment. He felt his heart break into a million pieces and fly around him. He wished he had never opened that stupid door. Nari and Rapmon were standing in the living room, kissing. So this is what she felt like when she caught him with that girl. Dear God it hurt. She broke away from him and turned towards the door. Her eyes widened in horror when she saw him.

Oh, it hurt so bad.