Twenty-Four

He rubbed his hands together and pulled up his scarf. It was only 6, but it was freezing. He shivered and waited against a large metal carton.

"There you are! I said meet at the yellow carton!" Tadashi yelled at him, breath billowing out of his mouth.

"No. You said meet at the docks. You never said which carton." He corrected Tadashi, his speech muffled greatly by his scarf. His nose was still cold. He pulled up the scarp so it covered most of his face. He should've brought gloves. He stuck his hands in his pockets and walked after Tadashi. He stuck close to Tadashi and didn't look at any of the others dressed in black. They were all eyeing him with contempt and suspicion. Eye contact might make them skittish.

"See that guy over there?" Tadashi asked him. He nodded.

"Go grab him. Watch out for bodyguards. There should be..." Tadashi counted with his fingers, "5 bodyguards. Take them out quickly, we can catch the guy if he runs." Tadashi smiled brightly.

"Me alone?" He asked incredulously.

"Yeah. Apparently you have great fighting skill. Go show off." Tadashi chuckled. He grumbled and unwound his scarf.

"Hold my scarf." He growled.

"That's incredibly feminine." Tadashi bit back laughter.

"You're incredibly feminine." He retorted.

"We're not in the third grade. Now go." Tadashi turned away and signaled with his hand. The others dispersed and he was left alone. He felt it was going to become a habit.

He walked out into the open slowly, casually.

"Who are you?" The guy asked.

"Your mom." He yawned. The guy snickered.

"Get him out of here." Suga was ready. He had found out the bodyguards positions and named them. Number One charged at him first, he kicked him in the groin and he was out for the count. Number Four came next, Suga grabbed him by the hair and threw him into his knee, knocking him out. Number Two dived for his legs, that was stupid. He jumped up and landed hard on Two's head. Number Five and Number Three came together. He ducked out of the way and grabbed the boss. The boss froze in shock. He slipped out his knife and held it to the guy's neck. Number Three and Five stopped dead.

"Who are you?" The guy growled.

"Uh..." He wasn't sure what he should say. The others jumped out from the shadows and dispatched Three and Five. Tadashi walked out casually, swinging Suga's scarf from his fingertips.

"I'll answer that."

"Let him go." Tadashi ordered. Suga let the guy go and Tadashi threw him his scarf. He re-wrapped it around his neck, he was already cold.

"Son of a-"

"Shut up James." Tadashi yawned, cutting off James.

"Knife." Tadashi motioned. Someone threw him a knife. Tadashi caught it and flicked it open.

"I hate liars." Tadashi murmured softly.

"They told me they would put me in jail if I didn't say anything." James pleaded.

"I don't care." Tadashi rubbed his nose and sneezed.

"Tadashi...we trained together...we were friends..." James began to cry.

"Should I go easy?" Tadashi asked Suga suddenly. He shrugged,

"Depends. What'd he do?"

"Well he killed several of our own. And perfectly innocent people. Then he betrayed us, and stole our cash. Whaddya think?" Tadashi asked, smiling. He thought for a moment. Being betrayed by someone he trusted. His thoughts instantly went to his father and he was filled with a red hot anger. Being robbed by someone you trusted. His father. Killing people. His father. James suddenly grabbed his pants and began to beg.

"Please...please don't let him...please...." Suga could only see greed in James' eyes.

"No." Suga kicked James off of him. Tadashi grinned. A different kind of grin, a new grin. A bloodthirsty one. Suga watched as Tadashi shoved the blade into James' stomach. He wanted to turn away, but he knew he couldn't. His legs wouldn't move anyways. They were going to kill James? No not just kill. Tadashi was torturing him. Tadashi stomped down on the wound and ground his heel into the exposed flesh. James screeched and squealed, but nobody moved. Tadashi kicked him several times, and when he had finished with that, Tadashi crouched down. Suga knew the worst part was coming. Tadashi held the knife above James' face, and James blubbered and sobbed in pain and fear. Tadashi smiled and stabbed James in the eye. James went still as the blade cut through his brain. Suga resisted the urge to shudder. Had he just sent a man to his death?

"Why'd you do that?" Suga walked with Tadashi as the others cleaned up.

"I had a beef with him." Tadashi shrugged indifferently.

"But was that necessary?" Suga tried to keep the horror out of his voice.

"Do you have a beef with someone?" Tadashi asked.

"No...not really." He shrugged.

"That's a lie. There has to be at least one person you truly want to hurt." Tadashi scoffed. He was taken aback. Tadashi was very...harsh.

"I guess...my father." Suga mumbled.

"Well wouldn't you do the same thing. Wait. Did you say your father?" Tadashi asked incredulously.

"Yeah..." Suga furrowed his brow.

"What in God's name did he do?" Tadashi gasped.

"He killed my mom and my siblings in a car crash." Suga murmured. It still hurt to think about. Tadashi put his arm around Suga's shoulders in a brotherly way.

"I'm sorry dude." They were silent for a while.

"This doesn't mean I trust you. You realize that right." Tadashi warned.

"Well...what have I done to warrant that?" He asked. Tadashi clapped him on the back,

"That's my man." Tadashi bounced off cheerfully and Suga stopped. Tadashi had just killed someone and now he was just bouncing around. How could he make everything that was supposed to be serious so...playful? Tadashi turned and narrowed his eyes at him.

"Are you coming or what?"

"I guess so." He shrugged and ran to catch up.

I guess so.