Twenty-Seven

Suga slammed back against the metal storage carton loudly. Guns popped in his ears and he closed his eyes and gripped his gun tighter. It was his 7th "mission" with Tadashi. Tadashi put a lot of faith in him and he proved himself every time. Thank god. The others were beginning to trust him, but not as much as he needed them to. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. This "mission" was seriously fucked up. As soon as he met Tadashi, Tadashi gave him a loaded gun and two extra cartridges of bullets. He hadn't fired a shot so far, but everyone else was. There were 9 guys and there were 6 of them. Some people had already been shot. One on their side, two on the other. Suga gripped the gun tightly, he didn't want to shoot anybody. He just wanted to go home at this point. Almost as soon as Suga had approached, guns had been drawn and he dived for cover. He had made his way across the yard so now he was on the far left, almost behind the "enemy". He was honestly lost. Tadashi usually have him a plan, but this time, Tadashi had said nothing. He had just looked grim. Tadashi never looked grim. He was always cheery or light hearted. The only time he was really serious was when he was killing someone. With his signature stab them through the eye. When Suga asked him about it, Tadashi just said, "An eye for an eye." Suga didn't really understand it. But whatever. Right now, he was being shot at and his "allies" we're losing. He could see that. Another round of shots went off and they each lost one person. It was kind of like a game. That was how he had always thought of it anyways. His team had to score against the other team. Either by knocking off players or scoring a goal. But now he didn't know what the goal was.

Suddenly there was silence. Suga barely breathed. He peeked around the carton, so no one could see him. The other team had won. Koga was cursing loudly as they took his gun and pushed him down to the ground. Tim was silent and he looked defeated. Tadashi had no expression at all. His face was just blank. The other guys smiled maliciously. They had only lost 4 guys. They had lost 2, which already set them at a terrible handicap. Higoro lay sprawled out on the concrete, and Konichi was slumped against a carton. He took a deep breath and ran as fast as he dared and as quietly as he could to the next carton. And the next. And the next, so he was behind the enemy. The leader of their team grabbed Tadashi by the neck and pushed him down onto his knees, execution style. Suga gulped. He knew what was next. Tadashi knew he was still there, or at least Tadashi hoped he was. The other guys probably forgot about him, careless. But what did Tadashi expect him to do. The man cocked the gun and pressed it against the back of Tadashi's head. Suga made a split second decision. A selfish decision. Whoever this guy was, and it didn't matter who he was, was in the way. Suga needed to protect his family, and he needed to earn Tadashi's trust and this was the only way to do it. Plus, what would he do without Tadashi? No one else would want him. He needed Tadashi. So he raised. The gun and fired.

With accuracy taught to him by Jungkook, the bullet hit its mark. The man dropped to the ground with a bullet in his head. Suga immediately changed positions. He ran until he was again behind the enemy, who were now facing where he had been, firing randomly. Suga felt oddly detached from everything. Mechanically doing everything me must to keep his loved ones safe.  It's all he wanted. He quickly shot two more and changed positions again. Before the last ones could fire a shot, he fired twice. Bang, bang. Just like before. He cringed slightly and walked out into the open. Tadashi stood and brushed himself off. Tim sighed in relief and covered his face with his hands and Koga swore in triumph. Tadashi slowly walked over to him. Suga hadn't noticed how hard he was breathing. Maybe because he had been running so much, or maybe because he probably killed 5 people, 3 at least. Tadashi clapped him on the back and smiled a wide grin. Suga smirked weakly in return.

"I knew you were still there." Tadashi laughed. He nodded and tried to slow his breathing.

"I'm not stupid enough to get myself caught." Suga bantered half-heartedly. It was nice to bicker with Tadashi, it was somewhat calming.

"First time killing someone?" Tadashi asked in low voice.

"No, first time killing this many." Suga murmured. Tadashi nodded and put an arm around his shoulder.

"Let's go get something to eat."

"Hey. Thanks." Tim called out to him. He nodded it acknowledgement.

"Thanks." Grumbled Koga politely. He nodded again.

"Night." Tadashi called back to them and waved. Suga wondered how they could be so light-hearted after their friends' deaths, and after killing 9 people. He already felt it weighing down on him. He couldn't focus, already his vision was blurring at the edges.

"It does get easier. And I know it's not the best reason, but it's not the worst either so it's really not that bad. Thanks for saving us back there. We owe you one." Tadashi sighed contentedly.

"Yeah you do." Suga mumbled.

"I trust you." Tadashi looked at him seriously. Suga made another split second decision. He liked Tadashi. Tadashi reminded him of Jin. A Jin that never got to find a home. A Jin that stayed vicious. But that didn't matter. He was probably just as bad as Tadashi now. But Tadashi was loyal, and Tadashi was honest.

"I trust you too." He nodded slowly. Tadashi smiled and clapped his back again. They walked the rest of the way in silence.

He was in.

---------------

(A/N)

i don't think y'all understand that sucking dick for crack is a rough business. y'all should give bacon_swims more credit n read her story Partners w/ the Badboy. It's a badass Sehun fanfic.