Chapter 13: Scents

PLEASE READ!!!!

First of all, I'm really mad. My NEW laptop I had been writing this on just recently crashed. SO YET AGAIN, I am stuck writing on my phone.

SECOND, I am so so so so sorry for not updating like I should be! I'm going to try so much harder since school is out!

THIRD, I am begging you, if I haven't updated and its really time for me to, pester me on my wall and just say, "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT AND UPDATE! YOU'RE KILLING US HERE!" :D seriously, I won't get mad if you do.

NOW HERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kelsey, do you smell that?" I wince as Libby shoves her elbow into my ribs, trying to get my attention.

"Damn, Libby, could you dig your elbow into my side one more time?" I swat her away with my hand. "And no, I do not smell that."

"It's fucking delicious. I need..." Her voice trails off, eyes closing as she breathes in deeply.

"Uh, instead of standing here like a creep, why don't we go to class?"

"I need to find it though."

"It's probably a damn pink unicorn delivering donuts to our crazy ass teachers. Now, class it is!" I grip her arm and drag her behind me to class.

"Have you ever smelt something so delicious you can's stand it, Kelsey?" Well, my mate... No, now's not the time to think about Reed.

"Sure, every time I got to Floras and order a bunch of food."

"No..."

"Listen, you stay here while I go to my locker. I have to grab my binder." I sigh. Leaving, I run into Reed and Garret on the way.

"I don't know, Garret." Reed groans.

"What's up, buttercups?" I joke.

"Garret won't shut up about smelling something," he rolls his eye. "Garret, go get your schedule from the office. I have to talk to Kelsey." Garret complies quietly.

"You need to talk to me?" I ask, leaning again the cream colored wall of my school. He shrugs.

"Not really, I just needed him to shut up." I laugh.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Libby is doing the same." His brows furrow.

"That's odd," he states. I nod in agreement.

"I have to go get my binder. You have fun with Garret!"

I was ready to kill Olivia by lunch time. All day she had been talking about that smell.

"Olivia, if you mention smelling something ONE MORE FUCKING TIME, I WILL SHOVE COTTON UP YOUR NOSE AND THEN YOU WON'T SMELL A DAMN THING!" I shout, enraged. Many eyes fall on my table, but I glare at Libby. She cracks a smile.

"But-"

"Honestly, Libby, I'd rather spend the day with my parents at this point, and you know I fucking hate them!" Her smile falls.

"K-Kelsey, I'm sorry, I just-"

"You know what?" I jump up from my seat before continuing, "I think I'll go check up on Mel and her friends." Leaving, I ignore they boys and her attempt to bring me back. Then, I flop down in an empty chair next to Mel.

"Hiya, Mel. What's up?" I ask. She smiles.

"Just hanging with my friends. You and Olivia fighting?"

"Yeah, she won't shut the hell up." I look around to see her friends looking down and tense. Oh yeah, I forgot my reputation for a minute! "You know, your friends don't have to be afraid of me."

"I know," she sighs. "You can't blame them though, not with your scary rep." I laugh and stand up.

"Hey I-" I stop as something hard, and cold, runs into me. A girl that's Mel's friend, whose smoothie is currently running down the front of me, cowers away.

"Oh my gosh, Rave, I am so so so so sorry! I-I can go buy you another shirt. Oh gosh I'm sorry. Please don't kill me! I-"

"Hey, chill. You've just given me a reason to throw away this old shirt. I've been meaning to but, eh, I forget. Thanks, kid." I pat the girl on the shoulder. "And besides, whoever is friends with Melanie, is my friend too." Ripping off my shirt, I throw it in the trash can. "See you later, Mel."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I doodled on the paper in front of me, bored.

"Miss Taylors?" Glancing up, I see the whole class staring at me. I raise my brows. "Would you answer the question?"

"Could you repeat the question?"

"In the book The Kite Runner, Amir has just found out Hassan is his illegitimate half-brother. What do you think of Amir as he tries to do what's right by saving Hassan'a son from the orphanage?"

"Amir is an idiot. Hassan was selfless, whereas Amir was weak and senseless. Though saving Hassan's son is the right thing to do, Amir will always be in the wrong from how he treat Hassan in the past." My teacher gapes at me.

"That's quite an interesting point of view, Miss Taylors." Ignoring her, I silently continue to draw on my papers.

Soon enough, school ends and Mel and I are back at our apartment.

"So, how about pasta for dinner?" I ask. She shrugs.

"Pasta is good."

"I'll get started."

After dinner, we both lie on our own rooms. I sigh.

What the hell was that dream last night? I-.. It just doesn't make sense!

Frustrated, I roll over and glance at my clock.

12:38 AM.

Shit, I've been lying here for four hours. Closing my eyes, I look for sleep again. I succeed, yet another dream startles me.

Blurs of orange and yellow, a fire possibly, swirl around in my vision. A shadow lays before me, in front of the fire.

I push myself back, as far as I could before I hit a wall. And by wall, I mean someone. They hold my arms to my side, making me unable to move.

"Stay still, Kelsey." The voice makes me freeze. I know that voice! But who could it be?

"Sh," they say. I drop to the ground, drowsy. "You'll meet me soon, Kelsey. Soon..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out Unwanted by therealzkrysty! It's fantastic!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Let me know what you think! I know it's short, I'm sorry!!

Comment, vote, and/or fan!

Thanks for the 20 K reads!!!!! Omg I'm so happy!

I love you guys :]