Chapter-17

Chapter 17

'Paris' Pov'

The car ride home with Landon and Sophie was kind of awkward. Sophie would try and start a conversation every once in awhile but the subjects that she picked to talk about never really carried on to a full blown out conversation me or Landon would respond with a simple sentence that you can't really carry on.

"Soo what's your thoughts on teenage pregnancies?" Sophie asked.

I turned around to look at her, Is she surely asking this question?

"Sophie!" I whispered.

And of course she just waved her hand in my face.

"I think it's barbaric, Teens need to understand that safe sex can make a difference just because you don't use a condom once doesn't mean that you can't get pregnant, I mean there are babies that have like a 15 year old mother that can't care for it. And if you don't want kids why have sex?" Landon stated.

My eyes grew wide, yeah this kid isn't like other guys. I turned to look at Sophie, she had a huge grin on her face.

"Told you so" she whispered.

I simply gave her the middle finger and turned around in my seat.

"Paris whats your thoughts about teen pregnancies?" Landon asked.

I turned to look at Landon, his focus was on the road. What am I suppose to say? I mean I can't really say anything since My mom had me at the age of 15.

"Um... Well I agree with you, teens do need to understand that safe sex can make a difference"

That's all I could say really I wanted to say that most teens are stupid if they think that sex is safe without a condom but I can't say it without offending someone. I looked over at Sophie, I don't understand why she brought up this conversation since she was sorta in that predicament before. Yeah Sophie was once pregnant, her and this boy named James had sex without protection one night then a few weeks later she found out she was pregnant, James said that he was going to support Sophie the whole way but a month after she found out that she was pregnant, it was very sudden, she had a miss carriage. Sophie cried for weeks! Then she told James about it and he understood but the next day he supposedly "Moved out of state" and that's when Sophie started getting depressed, her mom noticed it and put her through therapy, she was in there for a couple of mouths until she became the Sophie everyone knew and loved and apparently she has forgotten all about it since then.

"Paris!" Someone yelled.

I was pulled out of my thoughts. I looked around to see that Landon was standing in front of my door leaning against the door frame. His brown hair was blowing in the wind and his hands were in his pockets.

"Are you ok?" He asked with concern.

I gave him a small smile before looking at the group of kids playing in the street.

"Yeah I'm fine"

I stood up and started to walk up my driveway with Landon following close behind.

"I had a great time today" he spoke up.

"Me too" I smiled.

I was about to open my door before Landon grabbed my hand.

"Can we hangout again?" He asked so sweetly.

"Of course" I answered.

He smiled at me before leaning closer to me. Oh no not this again! I was about to say something before his lips met my cheek. I looked at him with total shock on my face.

"Goodnight Paris" he said before letting my hand go and walking off.

He started his car and drove off into the night air. I put my hand on my cheek and smiled.

"Goodnight" I whispered to myself.

**

"Oh my flapjacks stop nagging me Caleb!" I shouted from the kitchen.

"Flapjacks?" He asked.

"Yes flapjacks"

"Yum now I'm hungry" Sophie walked in licking her lips.

"Aren't you always?" I laughed.

"No" her face so serious.

"You kept complaining about how hungry you were the whole time we were at the skate park, and you tried convincing Landon the stop at In-And-Out-Burger"

"Whatever" she paused. "I'm going to eat your food now" she said walking over to my fridge.

I gave Caleb a look and he just shrugged his shoulders and walked over to Sophie. I decided I didn't want to see them being all lovey dovey so I run up stairs and closed my door behind me, I looked over at my bed before jumping on it like my life depended on it.

"Hello good friend" I laughed.

I looked over at my night stand and saw the letter Niall wrote to me. I completely forgot about everything that had happened the last couple of days, I read the letter over again and decided I would write Niall back, I grabbed paper out of my bookbag and grabbed a pencil and started to write.

Dear Niall,

What do you exactly mean by it wasn't you? And who is Nick? And how are you doing in jail is It horrible? And just letting you know that I'm starting to believe you but I'm not fully convinced that you're "magic" or whatever. I can't believe I'm saying this but I accept your apology I feel terrible sending you to jail, but promise me one thing, promise that you won't hurt me and promise that we can stay friends.

Much love: Paris

I put the letter in an envelop and wrote the address of the jail Niall was in. I ran down stairs making sure Caleb nor Sophie was down there and dashed towards the front door and down to our mail box. I looked at the letter one more time before shoving it in the mail box, I let out a huge sigh.

"Paris you're going mad" I laughed at myself before I made my way back inside the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Kendal >>

Please vote!